7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 3:24 PM by taxman415 RSS

500 point gift

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This may be a stupid question, but my points have been off (or not counted) enough as to make me wonder. Plus where I stay at a Marriott tends to be quite expensive in euros (so there's the conversion factor too) and some deduct taxes from the total calculation.

I am curious as to how we find out if we are actually getting our 500 bonus miles when we check in?  Wouldn't it be nice if somewhere we could see a breakdown of the points per stay?  (What's included, what's not [i.e. taxes -- or food or amenities at CYs], and the bonus gift.

I admit that I don't ever know whether I've gotten my 500 pts.  I assume so, but like with the Boscolo Venezia aka Grand Hotel dei Dogi and a few other hotels in the past, I don't feel we can be absolutely certain.  It's usually somewhat easier with the MR Chase Premier Card because you have your final total from the hotel as well as your credit card bill if it's a different currency.  It was only the total lack of Marriott points last month on my credit card bill that alerted me to the Boscolo not giving Marriott points.

Any ideas?
ProfBruise

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 500 point gift
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Hi Prof,

I don't know if all hotels post the same way, but when I look at my last stay online, and click the + sign to expand that particular stay, I see the breakout listed like this:

Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront

The 2,555 should be beside the total and the 500 should be beside the Platinum Arrival Gift Bonus, but the paste of the cells seems to throw it out of line.  Does this help?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Wow, Tryt, I don't ever recall seeing that but just checked on my other browser and when you click on the date sure enough!  Thanks so much!

ProfC

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I get that same breakdown after each trip, when going online---it's nice!

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Agreed... I can't always remember whether I will get points on taxes, Marketplace purchases, etc, but I always confirm that the Base number is about right and that my bonus and arrival gift were posted.  Typically what I will find is that if something is off it is the arrival gift.  Guess since we have a choice at check-in it isn't automated, but usually calling the hotel after the post is visible quickly resolves the problem

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I found the link a while back and I like it.  I think we get pts on the hotel price but not the taxes.  On our other purchases, gift shop, resturants, spa, etc, I think we get pts on the bill total including tax and tip.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

That is correct.

taxman415 Platinum

All of my stays post and look like tryt53's....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...