12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 5:59 PM by tef6178 RSS

Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Will be staying here this weekend and will report back.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Spokane, Washington, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown
  • Re: Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown
    kaitlinh Marriott Associate Member

Never been to Spokane. Would love to how the trip goes.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Looking forward to the report since I've never been to that part of the country. I hear it's beautiful there this time of year!

I had a great stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Spokane.  Didn't check in until almost midnight.  We were cheerfully greeted by Melinda at the front desk, who thanked us for our business and loyalty and informed us of when breakfast was served.  Our room was obviously newly renovated and very comfortable.  The next morning, the breakfast room was crowded at about 9am (to be expected), but Savoa worked extremely hard to ensure that all items down to the most minute item were fully stocked at all times.  In addition to the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches that one expects to find at a FFI, there were scrambled eggs and sausage (but not that appealing, I'm afraid).  Also, hard boiled eggs were already peeled.  The computer in the business center connected and worked great, and the front desk was friendly upon check out.  I would definitely stay there again.

I stayed in Spokane only because my flight arrived too late in the evening to want to make the 100 mile drive to my destination.  My actual business (family reunion) took place elsewhere.  Since the trip was short, I did not have time to explore Spokane more than about a half hour, but I was very impressed with what I saw.  The Riverfront was fantastic.  There were a couple of beautiful bridges and lovely green belts, fountains, sculptures and artwork, and innovative play areas for children.  The two streets that ran parallel to the riverfront in the downtown area were inviting.  Old (and very interesting) buildings had been completely renovated.  There were many very attractive looking restaurants and night clubs, as well as theatres and some great shopping (Macy's, Nordstroms, etc.)  Pedestrian skywalks could be seen as well.  Close by were two private colleges, Gonzaga (beautiful campus and church) and Whitworth, which were located in really lovely older but well maintained neighborhoods.  Quite pretty.  There were also a number of really fantastic old chuches with remarkable architecture, a lot of historic buildings still standing and in use, as well as a couple of beautiful old towers, one with a clock.  I was struck by the revitalization of the downtown area.  Admittedly, a couple of streets over from the revitalized section, and you were back in an older area where an occasional homeless person could be seen, but from where I come from, I thought the revitalization effort was pretty stellar.  Add to that that the city is surrounded by pine trees, adding a "foresty" feel, and I was positively impressed.  It might be because here in California, old and historic building are becoming harder and harder to find; a rare sight in almost any California urban landscape, due to modern earthquake building codes.  Spokane is not far from beautiful Coeur d'Alene, only a 4 hour drive from Seattle, 7 hour drive from Boise, and sits directly south of Glacier and Banff National Parks in Canada.I would love to spend more time in this Eastern Washington state town, especially the Spokane Riverfront area.  I hope sometime in the future to be able to explore Spokane a bit more.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I'll have to add Spokane to my bucket list. 

kaitlinh Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for the detailed review! I agree with razorbackfan, Spokane has just been added to my list.

pluto:

Thanks for the update! This FFI sounds like it is a nice one. Since it has the 'Suites' designation, I would guess it is a newer one too. I always find the newer FFI's to be a good stay choice.

The area sounds really nice! I never knew where Gonzaga was, but I do now!

Yes, it had definitely been renovated.  Very nice (I know it had been renovated because when I plopped down on the bed for the night, I found myself looking up at a 'popcorn' ceiling, which I found amusing.)  But everything else was clean, shiny and new.  And when I mentioned above that the hard boiled eggs were peeled, that was a good thing! (to be clear, just in case.)   My friend told me that Gonzaga is a Jesuit school.

I like hard boiled eggs! I have never been to a property where the eggs weren't peeled. Otherwise, how would a non-cook type like me know they were already done?? I always see Gonzaga in the basketball tournament and wondered where they were based from.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Pluto,

Great report!

The last trip I had to Spokane I had lunch at a quaint place downtown called "Mustard's".  It was a neat, antique laced, hamburger pub.  Do you know if it is still there?  One thing I wished I had done, but didn't, is drive to Coeur d'L, Idaho!  That is one place I would really like to go to!

Thanks for the post.

Here are a couple of photos.  I thought I would have time to return to the downtown before the trip ended and really do up a nice photo essay of the town, but it didn't happen.    These two were the only shots I snapped.

Here's a shot of an older downtown street (not one of the revitalized ones).

IMAG0567.jpg

This is the beautiful chapel on the Gonzaga campus.

IMAG0564.jpg

When I visit Boise in Oct.  I will do a good photo essay of the downtown.  It is really worth taking a look at.

Happy traveling.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

pluto,

Great pictures, and thanks for bringing back good memories.  Both Spokane and Boise are "Classy" cities to visit and dine.

Keep the pictures coming.

pluto:

No picture of those hard boiled eggs??

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...