This discussion is locked
5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2012 11:29 AM by NathalieF RSS

Drugged at Marriott Scrub Island

clearbt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My Husband and I were drugged at the Marriott Scrub Island resort at the hotel pool bar at 4:00 in the afternoon. The way this was handled by the hotel staff and Marriott has been a complete nightmare. Stay far away from this resort.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
  • Re: Drugged at Marriott Scrub Island
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

clearbt

well,  you have piqued my interest!  I would love to hear some of the details so I can better understand.  Please expound.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clearbt Platinum

shoeman1000

We were at the pool bar one afternoon. The last thing we both remember is closing out our tab a 4 pm. We woke up at 2:30 am violently ill in our hotel room. Each of us with no memory of what had happened. We decided we didn't feel safe there and decided to check out early. At check out we saw that someone had charged $200 worth of bar charges to our room the day we were drugged. One of the charges was $20 worth of drinks with an $80 tip. Upon further investigation, we looked at receipts and saw the signatures were not our handwriting. Bartender told us person who ordered all the drinks did not know our room number and the bartender on duty gave it to them in order to complete the transaction. We wanted to see how we got back to our room and at what time, so we asked to see the security footage. Hotel manager said he would get the footage for us. Later he admitted they have no security cameras. We got the feeling the hotel was trying to cover up the incident. It has been an incredibly traumatic event. My husband travels extensively for work. We looked forward to this time away together for months. Our trip to Scrub Island continues to haunt us.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Wow!  That is scary.

One time in Hawaii, I checked my bill and the tip on it was larger than the bill.  As soon as I questioned it, they immediately said it would be removed.  I dropped it at that.  This is nothing like what happened to you.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings clearbt - we're happy to forward details on your behalf to Customer Care to help look into this but it would help to know the dates of your stay. You can respond here, via direct message or email (insidershelp@marriott.com) - thanks for your help!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate