15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 11:55 AM by californian RSS

How Do I Stop Following a Thread?

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How do I stop a thread from being sent to my email?

There have been way too many conversations on the Worst Airline and Hotel Breakfast threads that don't deserve my time.

Seems people are posting just to see themselves in print.  Very sad.  No value.

Do they think that posting every 5 minutes is adding value to this site?  No, they want "them points" to be a RockStar.

NathalieF

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How Do I Stop Following a Thread?

Never mind.  Thankfully, I have found the "Stop Tracking" link!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

why would you get yourself so worked up over something that is of no interest to you?

I'm tired of my inbox being cluttered with junk.

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

It can be annoying if you kept the default setting that sends alerts to your e-mail account everytime a thread is updated.  If you just have them accumulate on your communications page than I agree it is no big deal.

It can also be annoying to hear/read someone pissing and moaning about something, but I don't attack their motive for doing so.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Wow.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I agree with Pluto  "wow".  I also agree with NewHilton that far too many posts are dead-air and a waste of time.  It is fairly obvious that there is a new group of people racing to the top of the posting tree.....   However, I also agree with Husker.  If folks want to go for the gold in # of posts, so be it.  I don't let it bother me, I simply come to the site less and less.  Seems if history repeats itself, those posters will burn out and move on anyway.  Frankly, I think it is a shame how the community has evolved into a Facebook wannabe.  Anyway, that's my opinion, and as Husker would say, If you don't like it, don't read it.  

Shoeman, I just ain't getting all wound up about anything somebody says or writes.  What's the point?  I do agree that this site has taken on a facebook-likeness.  But, that's part of the evolution of the site as you say.  And for the record, I've always thought it was senseless to label me or any other poster by the number of posts made.

Husker

I can say without a doubt that I have never seen a post from you that was wasted space or uninteresting.  keep up the good work!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I think that the problem is that we, Me included, tend to get off topic.  This has been brought up before.  We need a way to branch to a new topic so that those who are not interested don't have to waste time on them.  Some of the communication is between a few and probably uninteresting to others.  I have been on both sides.  I also agree that some threads run their course and we need a way to shut them down. 

Californian

In a few sentences, I believe you have hit on all several key points.  1.  The communications between a few (in an active, interesting, thread) can be annoying to the masses, but very enjoyable to the few.  It would be nice if there was a simple, efficient way to satisfy both camps.  1.  the point of ending a thread whose time has come and gone is a great idea.  Once removed, anyone would still have the power to bring back a subject near and dear to an individual. 

Just an idea, but if the conversation is interesting only to a few, then consider using the direct message option where several addressees can be included in the same message and no one else is inconvenienced by it.

Actually, I was referring to the web site design which labels posters by how much they post.  I'm way past the age to worry about keeping score.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Glad you found the "stop tracking" link newhiltonmembr. For reference, here's an FAQ: What’s the difference between tracking and following content?

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Community Manager,

Is there a way that we can stop a thread?  If so, who can do it?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...