5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2008 5:01 PM by scudderatc RSS

golf weekend

stephanie Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I want to surprise my boyfriend for his birhtday. I'm looking for a great place to golf for a weekend in August in the US.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: golf weekend
    justfolks Platinum

Not to sound wishy-washy but it all depends on time, money, and distance to travel. On the expensive side:golf locales that would not be too hot in August: Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run in Wisconsin are fabulous. Bandon Dunes in Bandon, Oregon is phenominal. And of course Pebble Beach has mutlply courses and places to stay.  However on the moderate side you can find great golf in the San Diego area as well as Colorado. If heat is not a problem then Phoenix, AZ, Austin, TX, and anywhere in Florida are great option.

Several Marriott Resorts have great golf courses and you can not go wrong with any of them. It would come down to climate in August. The Marriott Doral in Miami FL is a PGA course and has several courses. but to play the PGA courses it fairly expensive. As well as Ponte Vedra Fl, Sawgrass Resort. In the end though Hawaii if you have the time can't be beat. 

Good luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

trab4010 Platinum
    It might be too late but Ocean City , Md is a great place to hang out and play golf.  I have been going there and playing golf for many years.  The boardwalk has numerous rest. and other activities.  The night life is also good. 

springsteenfan Silver
    Great idea and I think your boyfriend will be happy just to be able to play for the weekend.  Based on how far you want to travel and where you are located would factor into my suggestions.  There are great course throughout the country and some that aren't all that expensive to play.  Best of luck and I might suggest you check the internet once you have a destination picked out as I am sure you will be able to find nice courses and reviews of each. 

lifesgood Silver
    If you want to avoid getting on a plane then head down to Lake Oconee and Reynolds Plantation where the golf can't be beat.  Stay at the Ritz Carlton where you can use the Marriott Pts.

scudderatc Silver

Assuming you are leaving from Atlanta...and you want to stay at Marriotts...

1.  No Flying:  Drive to Hilton Head Island, Several Marriott choices, fantastic golf, nice beaches!  Get him a round at Harbour Town and he'll be forever greatful!  Or try Stone mountain right outside Atlanta to stay real close to home.  The resort is nice and the golf course is decent.

2.  Short Flight:  Williamsburg, VA.  Marriott's Manor Club at Ford Colony.  Great place!  Check out Kingsmill and Golden Horshoe golf courses.

3.  Splurge Trip:  JW Marriot resort in Las Vegas.  About 15 minutes from the Strip.  GREAT GOLF!  and who knows...you could leave with a boyfriend and come back with a husband!

Good Luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...