1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 9:21 AM by traveler2 RSS

Marriott Calgary Downtown  Outstanding stay, eh.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Marriott Calgary Downtown is a Category 5 hotel located across the street from the Calgary Tower.  It was approved as a Four Diamond CAA/AAA hotel in 2011.  We stayed 5 nights on points and had an outstanding stay from the time we checked in to the time we checked out.  When we drove into the driveway, we were met by a valet/bellman who unloaded our car and accompanied us to registration.  He informed us we would be given water at check-in, but also made sure he brought a couple of extra bottles and apples when he brought the luggage to our room.  We were greeted warmly by the desk agent and were thanked for being loyal Marriott guests.  We were given an upgrade to an executive king room without asking.  The view from our room, through floor to ceiling windows, was beautiful.  The hotel is near the rail system and many restaurants.  Self-parking is located away from the hotel.  Valet parking was $35 a day during the week and $25 during the week-end.  Although it is recommended that you call 30 minutes before you want your car, our car was always available by the time we got downstairs.

The Concierge Lounge, a two-story room, was wonderful.  It was open thoughout the Stampede week-end. Breakfast, appetizers including two hot dishes, and dessert was served daily.  The food served was very high quality.  In addition to the hot dishes, soup was available every evening.  Grilled vegetables, cheese/crackers, fancy appetizers, and fancy desserts were served during the evening meal.  The lounge was also open for drinks and snacks throughout the day. The staff wore jeans and Western shirts during the Stampede, but were dressed more professionally after the Stampede ended.  They were very attentive to the guests needs.  They constantly replenished the food and picked up empty dishes. 

Our stay coincided with the Calgary Stampede; although, I did not know this when I made the reservation.  The hotel is within walking distance of the Stampede grounds.  The lobby was tastefully decorated with Western items which were fun to look at.  A booth was set up in the lobby and was staffed until noon each day to give information about the Stampede.  I'm sure the hotel was sold out or nearly sold out during our stay, but they never missed a chance to make our stay memorable.  I am going to write a more detailed review about the Stampede and the other activities we enjoyed in the area.

I highly recommend this hotel and hope we can return some day.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Calgary, Alberta, Canada Marriott Hotels & Resorts SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mt. Lebanon
  • Re: Marriott Calgary Downtown  Outstanding stay, eh.
    traveler2 Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

All good things to hear!!  We are headed there early September and hope we are as lucky!  Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...