This discussion is locked
34 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 11:24 PM by californian RSS

Another private message

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone else get this message:

Reference Number:      2505917, status of requisition 2505917, MarriottRewards Card

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am Rwandese ,My name is HABUMUGISHA EMMANUEL, Male, aged 31 old,am working as waiter in a big hotel here in Rwanda and i have a diploma in Kitchen operation from Rwanda Tourism University College.

Am very interest to submit my application for internerships / job at Marriott international. I totally agree with your service having standard international that i want to improve my skills  at Marriott.I thanking you for good service and so happy for my CARD  CALTON MARRIOTT REWARD . I want to pursuit my study at Cernaly institute of America.

I am waiting the good answer from you. Many Thanks for your support.

Your sincerely

HABUMUGISHA EMMANUEL

Message was edited by: communitymanager

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Another private message
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks californian, we'll look into this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I too got it, and have forwarded the message on to the Community Manager. 

I did the same.  I wonder how many others will get this?

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I never got this message but my communications page has had 1 message listed as unread that I have never been able to find. If that was it, I'm glad I couldn't find it. I finally selected the 'mark all as read button' and the next day it came back with 1 message unread again so I did the same. Hmmmm.....

Tef,

That is strange.  Any way the manager is on it.  It appears that the 2 of us were the only ones to get this one.  I hope that they can filter, without interferring with privacy,  through private messages to stop this.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Tef,

These didn't show up in the Communications, but in our own profile "Private Messages" area.  I saw that myself,Californian, and 2 others were on the list, but I don't know how they targeted just 4 IDs.

tryt:

Thanks for the info. Some weird stuff going on here..........glad I wasn't on the target list.

Me too!  It gives one a wierd feeling.  What made me one of 4?

The sender was probably 'California Dreamin'.......

Maybe I should change my ID?

I wouldn't at this point in time. It's probably just a flukie thing and the CM is checking into it and I'm sure he'll get back to you. I doubt that the person who sent it even knows who you are. Random pick, or.......

Hey, maybe it's Rod Serling and you've entered the 'Twilight Zone'...........

I think you are right.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Thanx,

Do you think this person is a marriott employee?

I looked up the name, and its a fairly new person with only a couple of posts.

Who would come in new to a blog and play hall monitor?

Who knows!  It creates an uncomfortable situation when we get these messages.

guess I have lived too long in the NYC area

when someone gets confrontational, and it affects me, I tend not to back down.

especially if I see nothing of value in their view point.

We have the community manager who is on this.

exactly!

who is this self-annointed hall monitor of cyberspace???

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

tef,

I get the mystery numbers by "Communications" a lot.  It turned out it has something to do with "Ideas". I exchanged a few messages with the Comm Mgr on this. Jasper's specific "Ideas" are most prone. 

The bottom line is when someone votes up or down on an "Idea" that you have also voted or commented on....it will light up as a "Communication". When they just vote and not leave a comment, it will show as a Communication but will not highlight it for you.  Not sure why, but this is what I've been able to drill it down to...

You can clear, like you did, or open up "Ideas"...click to open the most recent, in order. You'll eventually find the one or two that have caused the problem. Your Communication number will reduce whenever you hit the ones in question.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I too have been having the problem with communication notifications that I cannot "find."  Thanks for solving that mystery, Pained, and thanks to Tef for pointing out that one can just 'mark all as read.'  Very helpful.

We are all learning.

Thanks for the details - that will help us try to replicate and find a resolution.

pained:

I did not know that! Thanks so much for the info! I was thinking there were 'gremlins' in here somewhere. I'll check it that way next time it happens and I can't clear the Communications.

Thanks everyone - this situation is under control. To minimize these circumstances, we'll be removing the private message feature in favor of tighter controls for receiving Direct Messages (that you set in your own preferences). The community’s next maintenance release is about simplicity and control

Thanks.  The only private messages that I have gotten have beel like this.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

So can we close this thread,now that it is under control?

Yes.  Do you know how to close it?

I believe only Andy or one of the other Marriott Moderators can close a thread/discussion.

From what I see, you are right. 

So many of these Discussions go on and on.  That's why I suggested, that it be closed; especially when the Community Manager stated it was under control.

I am with you.  I would if I knew how to do it.  We should shut down discussions that are resolved.

I believe all the creater of the thread needs to do is mark it answered to close it

Or CommunityManager is probably sysadmin and can close it

I opened it but not as a question and can't see how to close it.  I guess the CM will have to do that.

maybe you didn't open it as a question.

when you open a discussion thread, there is an option to make it a question.

When you do this, you can mark 2 responders as having useful answers, and you can also say the question has been answered

But not every discussion created is a question unless designated

I didn't open it as a question but I should be able to shut it down and I can't figure how to do it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...