5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2012 10:21 AM by artisttraveler RSS

Any recommendation near San Jose area?

avemaria Member
Currently Being Moderated

I'm new to this, so I'm not sure if this is the right place.  I want to make a reservation for a 3 night stay in the San Jose/San Francisco area, preferably a Residence Inn, but not limited to this.  Any recommendation ?  Thank you in advance !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Any recommendation near San Jose area?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Hi Avemaria,

I've not stayed at any of these cities recently, so I hope others who have will weigh in with some recommendations for you.  It might help if you would tell us a little about your trip plans (purpose, what sights you're interested in seeing, adults, kids, etc.)

Actually, if you're wanting to stay at an RI (kitchen amenities), I did stay at the RI in San Mateo once, and while it's not close (as in walking distance) to any attractions, it wasn't too far of a drive at all into the city for sightseeing.  I remember the property being very nice, and that the food offerings were delightful, but that was about 15 years ago.  It's also located just about exactly equidistant to both cities, if you are wanting to spend time in both places.

Thanks for posting.  Hope we hear more from folks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Kapalua-Dream Silver 25 Reviews

Avemaria,

There are a number of choice in the South Bay area.  Most are within 30 mins of the either San Jose or San Francisco.

Both are great places to visit.  Have a good time.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Avemaria, I would recommend the Residence Inn Sunnyvale I or II.  See my review here for more details:  http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/39720#39720

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I have stayed in SFO in several properties, primarily for business, so the locations were choosen based on proximity to work, but I enjoyed all of them.  CA traffic being what it is, I generally take the hotel closest to where I need to go, unless I absolutely can not stand that property.

• SFO Marriott Waterfront - have used this hotel several times when I either had an early flite out, or arrived late, and had a long drive, so slept first.  Its a very nice property, very comfortable, good service, and I was usually upgraded to an even nicer room.  It was also inbetween town, where we had an office, and a client site, so I could spend a day(s) at the office and day(s) at the client site.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sfobg-san-francisco-airport-marriott-waterfront/

• Stanford Court Renaissance - have stayed here for a couple of conferences.  Really beautiful hotel with wonderful service. If you put your shoes out at night you find them there in the morning all polished. Its right across the street from the Top-Of-the-Mark which is a great place for a drink and views of the city.  And its a couple of blocks from China that has wonderful, inexpensive food, and shopping, and just around the corner from Union Square, and shopping.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sfosc-the-stanford-court-renaissance-san-francisco-hotel/

• Ritz Carlton - was spectacular - enjoyed the concierge which had champaign, and the all-inclusive,fixed priced dinners in the dining room.  When I stayed there it was before it was part of Marriott.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/SanFrancisco/Default.htm?mtid=marriott&locale=en_US&rn=042048116

• Full service marriott in Mountain View which no longer appears to be there, and may now be a Courtyard.  It was very close to the customer site, and was very comfortable.

artisttraveler Gold 17 Reviews

I have no recent experience with RI in area. We did stay at Marriott San Jose recently and found it to be quite nice. Located next to Convention Center right in downtown - walk to shops, restaurants, etc. LIght rail can get you to train sta or onto SFO. Also stayed at Marriott Union Sq - also very nice right in heart of the city. Recommend either one.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...