4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2012 9:00 PM by californian RSS

Expiration of rewards

pickles1 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Good Morning,

I would like to know if I have any rewards that need to be used within a certain time so that I don't lose them.

Thank You

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Expiration of rewards
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

If you are referring to the usage of points, they have no expiration date but the rewards program has a clause that they can terminate a Rewards account and forfeit the points in that account if there is no activity within a 24 month period, although I am not aware of anyone who has had their account terminated and points forfeited. Any other rewards (free night certificates, etc.) have an expiration date posted with them on you activity page.

You can see the rewards termination clause in Item #8 on this page:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi

Hope this helps!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Tef,

I keep learning.  I didn't know about the 24 mo no activity.  I guess because I am always active but if I did let it go and lost my pts, I would be really unhappy.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Was unaware of the 24month policy.  Thanks for bringing it to the surface.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

This is part of the value of keeping active in MI.  We all learn things that are of value to us.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...