15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 3:45 PM by profchiara RSS

Premier Card is Best

balord75 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For those of you that have the "regular" Marriott credit card, I strongly encourage you to get the Premier card.  The annual fee is a little higher, but you more than make up for it in bonus points and one free night a year (category 1-5).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Premier Card is Best
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I second that...the free night and bonus points well make up for the fee.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

In general I agree but after my recent experiences with not getting points posted as Marriott and not being able to use my Marriott anniversary night, I have started using my Amex Delta Skymiles Reserve Card wherever it is taken.  When it's not I use either the Amex card or my Sapphire card.   But I am a lot less enthusiastic than I used to be about the MR Premier card -- it's just not delivering -- or the people on the other end who are supposed to report correctly are not doing so.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Sorry you've had these problems recently.

So far (been with MR 2 years & am gold)  I've gotten great benefits & have had all my points posted correctly.     Just got my first 1-5 free night certificate -- so I'll see what happens when I try to book a room using it.     Am sorry that it expires after 6 months, rather than a year, as I'm pretty well booked through March 2013.     But I'm sure I'll find a way to fit it in.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I agree.  It is a better deal.  I have had it for a long time.

taxman415 Platinum

Love the card and the extra benefits... So they have been a little late processing bonus... Still better than getting my arrival gift points to post on a regular basis... Two thumbs up on the card...

len Gold

I upgraded to the Premier card and along with the extra points you get the most significant benefit was not having any foreign transaction fees. An example of this benefit, $3000 purchases, charges and the foreign transactions fees are 3 to 4% which would have added another $90 to$120 to my charges.  There are other good benefits, but this one was important to me as we have done foreign travel a couple times each year for the last several years. Remember, not to take any cash advances (these are loans instantly). 

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I too love my Premier card, for all reasons mentioned by everyone.  Could not have earned near the wonderful Marriott benefits that I've enjoyed without it.  I have been fortunate to have all of my points and nights earned post very fast.  Have never had an issue using my free night certs, but then I always book fairly well in advance.

Planning in advance seems to help.

Normally I plan everything months in advance, but they changed the time of my flight from Portland (two hours drive) from about noon to 7am.

I have had that happen before too.  It throws everything out of wack.

Yep.  I've decided to get up at 2:30am and on the road by 3:15am because I just won't use points to stay in Maine.  But fortunately, with all the legs of my flight, it may make me sleep better before I get to Hawaii.  And I just found out my USCellular service includes Hawaii as normal roaming fees.  I rarely get or make calls, but still it's good to know!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Prof:

Have a great trip to Hawaii!

I know it's a short trip, but any side excursions planned like going to the Arizona Memorial?

Safe travels.

If you have to go through all that, at least you are going to a wonderful place to relax and enjoy.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

prof -- you and I may be the only two Insiders who have US Cellular, but I can say from experience that I had great service on Oahu -- all corners and sides.  Have a great trip!

Super ideas, everyone!  BTW, I love US Cellular -- they have some of the best customer service of any company I've dealt with.

I leave home in just under 11 hours, so I better go to sleep now...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...