9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2012 12:26 PM by californian RSS

Dining within a Marriott

balord75 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Helpful Tip:

When staying at a Marriott and dining at the hotel, ALWAYS charge the restaurant bill to your room.  That way the charge goes on your hotel bill (5X points) as opposed to Marriott dining (2X points).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Dining within a Marriott
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I thought we got 5 pts for a Marriott charge.  If we charge to room we then get 10 pts/$ and cc pts if we use it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

taxman415 Platinum

it Depends on the hotel, you may earn up to 10 points or 2 air miles for every US dollar spent on your room rate or your total bill

JW Marriott, Edition, Autograph, Marriott, Marriott Vacation: Earn 10 Marriott Rewards points or 2 air miles per US dollar spent (all charges except parking in some hotels)

Courtyard, Fairfield, Springhill Suites: Earn 10 Marriott Rewards points or 2 air miles per US dollar spent on ROOM rate only

Residence Inn: Earn 5 Marriott Rewards points or 1 air miles per US dollar spent on ROOM rate only

Ritz Carlton: Earn 10 Marriott Rewards points or 2 air miles per US dollar spent on ROOM rate only

Hope this helps...

designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews

Just returned for a stay at the Cosmopolitan in Vegas.  At check in was given a printed sheet explaining my Platinum perks.  It stated that any food charged to the room, other than room service, would only receive the standard 2 points on my Chase card.  Have stayed at the Cosmopolitan a number of times since they opened and have always been treated very well but they do not go by some of the standard rules that would normally apply to an Autograph property.  Might add that I have always received an upgrade without even asking. 

That is really helpful.  It is nice to know where we stand.  If we charge sometning because we think we will get points and then don't, it is not good for either party.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Whenever I stay at a Marriott property and buy something there while on property, I always charge it to my room. That way, I know I'm maximizing the points I get no matter how many they are.

Tef,

It used to be that anything you charged to your room, you got points but that is not the case anymore.  It seems that more things don't qualify for points than do.  Example: Dukes in Kauai used to give pts but no more.

Even if we don't get the 10 pts/$, we get the CC pts and they all add up.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Californian:

Yes, there are many vendors in Marriott properties that don't allow for the multiple points now, but I find it easier to have one receipt all on a Marriott folio than a bunch of receipts because I charged the dinner I had at the bar or something else at a Marriott on a separate charge. That way, when it's all on my room charge I know I get the points for the charges on the Marriott Visa and, if the vendor allows for the extra points, I get them!

That is what I do too.  We get the points that are given but can't count on them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...