5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2012 9:23 PM by tef6178 RSS

Fairfield Inn and Suites - Amarillo Airport

musictomyears Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As a Marriott Rewards platinum member, we asked for an upgrade to a suite and the response from hotel was, that our rate did not qualify us for an upgrade.  Our rate is $79.00 and if we want an upgrade we needed to pay over $129.00.  This is new to us, has this happened to anyone else?  I thought that this was a benefit for platinum's to receive a free upgrade if there are any rooms available...I am wondering what is happening to customer satisfaction within Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fairfield Inn and Suites - Amarillo Airport
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Staying on points, special rate, e-certificate....shouldn't matter. Platinum's are supposed to get the 'best available' room at check in. Sounds like they have made their own determination as to how they want to interpret the program. Too bad there is such inconsistency.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

It seems strange and very poor business especially for a NEW Fairfield Inn and Suites.....

We ended up calling Marriott Rewards Customer Service and the issue was

resolved.  We were given a free upgrade to a suite.  Thank you Marriott

Rewards, customer service, for helping us resolve this.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

tef/music

I believe the policy is that Platinums will get the best available non-suite........

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Well, in actuality...the policy is...

'Complimentary Room Upgrade: Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites.  All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis, as determined at the time of check-in. Upgrades are subject to availability and identified by each hotel.'

I don't see 'you can't have an upgrade unless you pay $.... amount of dollars to get an upgrade as part of the policy. The best course in that situation is not to make a situation with a frequent stayer into a bad situation by spouting off some statement like that. Just say, sorry, not available and move on. I don't ever just expect to be given a suite because I'm Platinum, and I never, ever ask for one, but just think how a person would feel after spending 10's of thousands of dollars with this company to be told they must spend a certain amount to be treated better. Really?!?! That's the real issue here...and , as always, it gets back to basic training and consistency throughout the brands with the training Marriott does....or doesn't do.

I'm in a Fairfield Inn and Suites tonight in Milford, MA on a reservation I did online about 2 hours before I got here and have been upgraded to a suite (I didn't ask for) on my Senior rate...........a very accomodating associate and a very professional welcome and thanks for my patronage and also knew I was a MVC member and was very talkative about where I owned my timeshare...was it a nice place...and so on about breakfast, would I like some water ......easy to see there's been good training done here.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...