3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 7:56 AM by laurac RSS

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport 7/13/12

croasdaile Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Thanks to Monica S. for her welcome smile at my 9 PM check-in on Friday the 13th! (7/13/12) As a frequent Marriott traveler, I look forward to being treated nicely-Monica S. fit the bill.

After a series of unplanned challenges, I arrived bedraggled at the desk quite late to check in for a working weekend in the city. Monica greeted me with a smile and accommodated my room request from the reservation...then I asked for a bottle of water (long day) and perhaps some Clorox wipes to clean up my luggage.

Another associate leaned over and informed me that there was a vending machine and I could walk 10 minutes down the highway to a CVS or 7-11 if I needed anything else. Monica whispered to me just to wait, ran into the back and returned with two cold bottles of water and a tiny container of apple-scented hand sanitizer. How sweet! A simple gesture, but one that made all the difference. Thanks, Monica-I'm sure you make people's roads a bit smoother all the time!

I'll be back in a week to the same hotel-I hope someone has rewarded her by then. Many thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Crystal City, Virginia, USA
  • Re: Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport 7/13/12
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi croasdaile:

Welcome to Marriott Insiders!

Hats off to Monica for service 'above and beyond'. It's nice to hear about these situations. Thanks for the post!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jcampbell Platinum 35 Reviews

Great story.  I love the property and stay there often.  The recent upgrades to lounge and gym make the property even more appealing.  Monica is head and shoulders above the norm.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings croasdaile, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Laura & the Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...