17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2012 5:42 PM by profchiara RSS

Hotel Name Problems Part II (AGH)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I finally gave in and called Marriott's Rewards line.  After listening to an automated man speak (admittedly he was able to understand all my responses and problem), I got transferred to a human and told him my problem with the Autograph Venezia billing as the Grand Hotel dei Dogi and as a result not getting the x5 points for the $292 spent on taxes (should be about 1500 points - 292) and here was the response after I told him I'd spoken to Chase MR Premier cards twice:

REP: "Sorry I can't help you with that. I don't have any control over it. You will have to call the hotel."

ME: "In Italy?"

REP: "That's the only way to get them to change the way they billed it."

I hung up.  I am going to take all your advice and email Andy.  This is ridiculous, especially if it is happening on a larger scale, and especially the idea that I'd have to call Europe to get my points.

ProfChiara

PS - You can now be certain I will never stay at this hotel again, free or not.sc

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel Name Problems Part II (AGH)
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

ProfC,

Unbelievable!  It sounds like we not only need a rating for ALL the hotels, but a rating system for Customer Service too.  I hope NathalieF , Andy can help with this.  I can't even believe Customer Service would want you to call Europe, and wouldn't have you hold, while THEY contacted the hotel for you and straightened it out.

I just saw that this was branched from the earlier discussion and that Andy is already on it.  Thanks Andy!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks, Tryt -- I was astonished myself.  I hope Andy can get it fixed and really appreciate that we have someone like him who can help us in difficulties like this.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi ProfC, here is the email to the hotel, if you are interested in contacting them to let them know that there is a critical disconnect between they and the Chase Marriott credit card, and that it would be in their best interest to determine and correct the problem with Chase, or else expect to lose customers, as the word is out.  At least an email is free.  I would like to stay there 2 years hence (for one final northern Italian pilgrimage,) but won't until I'm sure that this has been rectified.

reception@deidogi.boscolo.com

HI Lori,

I hope I don't need to use it but how did you get the hotel email address? This for me is a big gripe -- I want to be able to contact the hotel via email, and usually can on other hotel sites or expedia.

Thanks, ProfC

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

ProfChiara,

I happened to be on the horn today with Marriott reservations as I had an unrelated question, and figured while I had an ear, I'd ask for the email address.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Prof:

That's ridiculous. Marriott has interceded for me with issues I have had in the past and I have actually been contacted directly by personnel from Chase corporate offices after Marriott got involved. The issue was resolved post haste. Can't understand why customer service wouldn't take the initiative to get this resolved.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I've been informed the discrepancy between the property and Chase has been resolved to prevent any futures issues and that Chase should have/or is resolving your account as well. Safe travels profchiara!

Thank you Andy and Lori!  And most of all since it was a free trip and these were incidentals for me, it will be resolved for future guests.  I'm not normally ricidulous about checking things, but I do with airlines and hotel points.  I'll let you know tomorrow when I look at my account balance if it's been credited.  And others of you who have stayed at the Boscolo or other recent AC hotel additions should look at your credits as well if you have a Chase Marriott Premier card. I'm guessing regular Marriott points would probably have been posted, though they never were for me (till I complained repeatedly) at the Courtyard Rome Airport (which also used old stationery for bills under a different name) shortly after it became a Marriott property.

Again, be vigilant, which is always good with credit cards and points/miles.  If I don't do so beforehand, I will report back on the Waikiki Beach Marriott the week after next.  Still seems so weird for me to do a 'vacation' even though I always think of my wonderful travels as partly that.

Thanks again, Andy and Lori! If it doesn't appear soon, I'll write more.

ProfChiara

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I love a Happy Ending!  Thanks Andy for helping us out here!  Have a good evening!

On a slightly better note than my previous emails, I got home to find a notice from Chase Marriott Premier Card that they would be posting approximately 1200 pts to my next statement.  Thank you, Andy -- but again, I suggest that anyone who stays at a hotel that has not been a long term Marriott check that they have gotten their points credited.  This is about the third time it's happened to me in 5 years, and they were always relatively new properties.  So perhaps if you've stayed at any AC hotels or new Marriotts it would be worth looking over past statements both for hotel points accrued and Chase Premier card points.

I will write the most concise review I can muster given my limited abilities while there about the Marriott Waikiki Beach tomorrow or the next day.  There are strengths but also definite weaknesses.

ProfC

On a happy note, I got my luggage an hour ago.  I have to admit (assuming they haven't lost it) the tracking system is pretty cool.  The delivery woman called me from Portland to tell me she was coming, then I got an email with her contact information and even a moving map that showed me where she was en route at any given time.  And it was probably good in my condition that she was the one to carry it up three flights of stairs!  And everything was still in my suitcase. So all's well that ends well.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Good news, for sure.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

That's actually pretty neat.  Glad the trip finally had a good note on the ending.  There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home (click, click)

Hi Tryt,

Especially when you look like a large bruise .  Hibernation is good then.

Wouldn't it be cool if delivery companies like Fedex or UPS or anything else like that where you're waiting for someone to come could show you exactly where they were en route? Since my apartment buzzer doesn't work and they can't fix it, I have to rely normally on hearing a large truck outside.  Just as I saw she was pulling in to my complex, she called and I got up and looking through the window guided her to the right doorway.  Way cool.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

why not just get a new buzzer?

I live in an apartment building, and they have tried to fix it (each time taking the better part of a day), only for it not to work.  I can buzz people in (but I have to see that they are there), but I get no buzz on my end.  Frankly, I'm in need of a buzz about now after the last trip .

ProfC

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...