Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 7:40 AM by profchiara RSS

Hotel Ratings

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I'll be out of email contact for the better part of most of the next ten days, but I do hope this area expands and will read the posts when I get back from my next trip.  But one of my key complaints is that there is a 'short list' of hotels you can rate.

I have over 75 reviews on Tripadvisor, and am a 'Top Contributor' (probably their version of Rock Star), but most are hotels or nearby sites.  The thing is that Tripadvisor makes it easy.  If I want to review a Marriott Hotel, it already seems to have to be on the list of reviewable hotels.  That should be ALL Marriott hotels, just like Tripadvisor.  If not, why do I bother checking it. Most of the time it will not relate to anything I'm planning to do.  We need to be able to start a discussion of any Marriott hotel we've stayed at and rate it.

I like the 1-5 point system, which Tripadvisor also has, and I like that they ask but not require you to define your kind of travel.  Photos are very easy to upload, and I also like the fact that serious praise or serious complaints can be responded to and seen by Tripadvisor subscribers.  I, for one, do not think it's fixed.  When I've followed the advice on hotels, it's almost invariably been true, even my experience at the Boscolo (mostly unfortunately as it turns out).

For the Marriott review system really to work, any and all Marriott hotels need to fair game.  Give us the credit that we can sort through them by city and brand.  Until it goes beyond a few hotels, I'm not going to bother.

I may have missed something because it was a long thread and I have not been online that much (but have been on the phone about the Boscolo), but it still seems to me this is not open.  Until any one of us can write our experiences about any particular Marriott brand in a given place, it's not very useful.  ANd again, tell me if I've missed something.

ProfC

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel Ratings
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Have a good trip prof!  I too haven't used it as much since most of the hotels I wanted to review weren't on the list.  I know they did this as a test run, so I'm looking forward to using it a lot more when all the hotels are on the list!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi Tryt,

This seems to me a big problem.  With Tripadvisor, you can review ANY hotel or any site.  Almost none of the hotels I stay at are on the list.  Why not make it a big tent, where ALL Marriott hotels can be reviewed, both by a star system and with specific comments about various elements of the stay?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I've only been able to find two hotels that I've stayed in to rate so far (both Los Angeles properties).  Most of the properties that I stay in are either in Europe or else off the beaten path here in the U.S.  The current 'ratings and reviews' is only a beta test, hency why all properties are not listed.  They are working on rolling out the entire inventory sometime soon I believe.  In fact, if you would like to contribute input on how you would like to see it look and work, you can go to the below link, and fill out the questionnaire between now and July 27th.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/10719

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks pluto77 for the plug and profchiara for the input. That's exactly the purpose of the Innovation Spark area and the current exercise - we're looking for your feedback about the current pilot so we can make it better. Where your travel and time permits, feel free to join the The specified item was not found. group and then respond the first spark with your feedback - The specified item was not found.

safe travels!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I'm now archiving this thread as all Marriott hotels are available for reviews - The specified item was not found..

Rate and Review any of Marriott’s 3,700+ Hotels Around the World

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Prof enjoy your trip and catch ya when you return.  This thread will gain legs real fast and we will keep it running for you until you get to catch up!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Iahflyer and Jerry, this thread is from July of last year.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

SO, she always travels!  Whoops

I will be going on a short Greek islands cruise starting August 17 for 5 days plus bookends at the Athens Ledra before and after, so I'll take your well wishes for that trip! Thank you!  And IAHFLYR, you're pretty much right!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

professor,

Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks for your suggestion.  I also enjoy "Trip advisor", and your suggestions should help.  Hope other MRI will be able to comment on Marriott Hotel Reviews!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...