9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2011 1:38 AM by ptomczik RSS

Visit Berlin and be treated like a King

joeaksa Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If anyone gets anywhere near Berlin, you have to try the Marriott at Pottsdammer Platz. Simply one of the best I have found and the Executive Lounge makes it even better. Once inside the lounge you are really treated like a King and its hard not to feel at home there.

The hotel is right on the site of the old Berlin Wall and right down the street from numerous attractions. A very nice location. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Berlin, Germany
  • Re: Visit Berlin and be treated like a King
    mikieg Platinum
    Your review is right on. My wife and I stayed at this property last July. It’s one of the best Marriott’s I have stayed at, and the Executive Lounge is hands down the best. We could have eaten all our meals there, but that would mean missing out on the great area restaurants. I also loved the idea of the free internet service in the lounge, that was a nice touch. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is fabulous and the property can’t possibly be more central.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

37plusyears Platinum
    We have stayed at the Berlin Marriott for three different one week stays since the hotel opened in 2004, twice with Marriott Rewards points and once as a paid week.  It is an outstanding hotel.  Originally a level four hotel, now a level five.  The executive lounge is great, with three internet terminals when last we were there in December 2007.  The service people are wonderful.  Berlin is a city we love, and we expect to stay at this hotel many times in the future.  One nice thing about this hotel is that one can obtain rooms with two double beds, so four people can be easily accommodated. So Many European hotels have a limit of three people in a room.

ninjatraveler Gold Platinum
    We loved this hotel as well!  We were there a few days ago and were upgraded right away when we asked (we paid with points and are Plantinum members).  The staff was very friendly, the rooms great, and location is unbelievable!  You are within walking distance of the Brandenburg Gate, the Parliament, and many other sites.  We paid for parking, but found out later that there was plenty of available parking on the street.  Depends on your needs.  The concierge lounge had the 3 free internet terminals, decent snacks, and free alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks...and it's open 7 days a week, unlike the lounges in the USA.  Definitely recommend this place.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

You are so right!

A great experience and so close to so much!

Shopping is fabulous and the food is wonderbar 

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Agreed - the Berlin Marriott is a winner.  And, if you want to burn more money, the Ritz Carlton is literally next door.  Great location, generally, and particularly if you use the excellent public transportation.

Be sure to visit Museum Island, and spend some time in the Pergamon Museum.

http://www.berlin.de/orte/museum/pergamonmuseum/index.en.php

But give the HiFlyer Balloon (not far from Checkpoint Charlie) a try - it's a lot of fun and a great view.

http://www.air-service-berlin.de/index.php/englisch/tickets-airmaschines/balloon/captive-balloon-hiflyer.html

Location Brand Hotel
    Berlin, Germany

SSINDC,

Great comments!

That CY is really nice,  I cannot remember the name of the Irish Pub across the street, but it was memorable!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

It sounds like I need to add Mucich to my travel schedule..I visited many years ago and don't remember much about that trip except I had great Draft Beer!!!

Jasper,

Munich is really a great place!  I am looking forward to staying at the new RI!

ptomczik Platinum

I stayed there for 5 nights on points in May '11.  It was an amazing hotel experience, the lounge really added to the entire trip.  The food and drinks were great, the view was impressive, and the location is fabulous.

Berlin lounge view.jpeg