4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 2:40 PM by tryt53 RSS

Loved the Marriott Casamagna Puerto Vallarta

teachkids Member
Currently Being Moderated

Our family of 6 stayed at this beautiful property the first week of July.  Got an excellent rate and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.  The pool is magnificent and the staff at all restaurants, the pool, and spa were friendly and helpful.  The bellman are very helpful and friendly as well. We appreciated the top-notch service all week! Housekeeping provides service twice daily.  Beds are comfy. Rooms have ample closet space, robes, and a safe. Food and drinks were excellent!

A few things would have made the experience perfect: complimentary water and coffee in rooms.  Complimentary wifi would have been nice, but if you spend 40 pesos at the deli, you can get a code for one hour of wifi on your own device.  The business center charged for Internet.

Overall, an excellent stay! Thanks to the outstanding staff that made our stay memorable!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Marriott Hotels & Resorts CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
  • Re: Loved the Marriott Casamagna Puerto Vallarta
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Teachkids,

Thanks for posting!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Thank you for posting your review.  We too like this place a lot, and will be going back in October.  Did you get the Sand Dollar rate, or a different one? 

teachkids Member 5 Reviews

Originally, we booked the sand dollar rate, but later when I decided to book an ocean view room, the rate was no longer available.  I kept checking and found the Wilnd Down, Warm Up rate.  This offered the $50 resort credit and 25% off the leisure rate.  I booked an ocean view room with this rate.  It was pretty much the same as the sand dollar rate and we certainly enjoyed the ocean view from our 8th floor balcony.  I would love to return to the Marriott PV soon.  Enjoy your October visit!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Teachkids,

Sorry I missed your last update a while back.  We had a similar situation where we booked the SandDollar rate and later went to change the dates and it showed it wasn't available the way we wanted, so we call Reservations and they were able to contact the hotel directly and we were able to get the same rate.  It never hurts to call when you want to change it, especially if you already have an existing reservation.  Also, many times they will let you upgrade the room to a better view when you check in, for just paying the difference between the room rates.  Hope this helps.  I found that we start looking for the next year right after we finish our vacation, and another great trick is not to rely on the site telling you it's available.  We booked the room we have this year way before they showed up as available by simply plugging in the dates way out in advance and the S29 (SandDollar) code and it worked!  This is a great way to do it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...