2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 1:57 PM by Kapalua-Dream RSS

Aloha Team Classic Pro/Am - LPGA Pro/Am

Kapalua-Dream Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Maui
Wonder if people (both men and women) have had the opporunity to  play in an LPGA Pro/Am?  As amateurs we can learn so much more from the girls than we can from the guys.  The girls play a game that we can understand and relate to.  Watching their tempo is fantastic and their short game skills are to die for.  If you really want a treat check out the Aloha Team Classic Pro/Am, a three day amateur tournament in Maui that includes playing one day with LPGA Tour Professionals.  What better way to enjoy golf.  World class courses in Maui, fantastic food, great company and all the Aloha Spirit found only in Maui.  Marriott Hotel, Marriott Vacation Club and the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua (Alohat Team Classic Pro/Am Accommodations Partner) are all options during your visit.  www.AlohaTeamClassic.org  Call or email for additional information.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Aloha Team Classic Pro/Am - LPGA Pro/Am
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Fortunately, I had the thrill of playing in an LPGA Pro-AM tournament as a guest of a sponsor. I had a terrific time! The ladies who play in the LPGA really have a fun time! They also play some really good golf! I must say, it was quite intimidating to step to the first tee and have your name announced in front of all the people who were there for the tournament. If you hit a 'duffer' shot, they all know who you were! Thank goodness, I hit one of the best drives I have ever hit. Straight, long and right down the middle of the fairway!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Aloha Team Classic Pro/Am - LPGA Pro/Am
      Kapalua-Dream Silver 8 Reviews

I know the feeling.  Stood on the first tee a few years ago at the Kapalua LPGA Classic with the then rookie Stacy Lewis.  I was so afraid of hitting a bad first tee that I did not warm up before the round.  That way I would not press when I got on the first tee.  It also helped that since we were playing a scramble and my wife and another really good woman were playing on our team and the first hole gives the woman about a 100 yard advantage there was no way we were ever going to use my drive on that hole.  (did not even use Stacy's)

By the way if you have an interest in playing with one of the girls again, check out our website   www.AlohaTeamClassic.org   Some great accommodations and airline discounts available for October.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...