14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 5:02 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Tysons Corner, VA  Marriott

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just checked into the Marriott, right off 95, in Tysons Corner.   Across from the upscale shopping centers.

Was warmly welcomed as a Marriott Rewards member, upgraded to the concierge floor (though not a suite) and given early check-in.

The room is well furnished, the lounge updated with each evening's menu posted.   Not going to be dining there, however  LOL -- dinner at the Palm tonight.   The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service.

Booked this hotel using one of the Bonus Certificates.    Certainly a terrific Category 4 choice.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Tyson's Corner, Virginia, USA
  • Re: Tysons Corner, VA  Marriott
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Thanx for the great review, especially that its a category 4.  Have always enjoyed that property but completely forgot about it.  Maybe I will use my Summer Promotion Cat 1-4 Certificates there!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Returned from dinner and had to post this....................there was TURN DOWN SERVICE with chocolates left on the pillows.

Stopped by the concierge   lounge to check it out -- lovely plated desserts with fruit & cream garnishes as well as cookies and fresh fruit.     Starbucks coffee brewed to order from the machine & a nice bar/wine setup.   Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow before heading back to NYC.

To repeat:   an excellent choice for those bonus certificates, points or even $$  use.    (Marriott, please don't raise the category on this one.   It's a real find.)

Now I really have to try this property!  Not to mention all the great shopping at Tyson's Corner!!!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Nice! Glad you're enjoying the service and property! Sounds like a real find!

jmat6687 Gold

I used a freebie for this place too! Please keep it as a cat 4. Booked for $279 the night we stayed for free. Shula's restaurant is good too.

Thanx jma for the information!  Love to go to DC, and shop at typsons. Its good to know that I can use my Cat 1-4 certificates at this property.  Maybe when things cool off a bit, a trip to DC is in order

erc Platinum

Here's another little secret us locals will let you in on;  they provide breakfasts for Platinums on weekends ! Plus parking is a very reasonable $6 a day. Enjoy while we can, I'm sure, like many good things of late, it's at risk of ending.

Yummm!

Sounds great!

Just as soon as things cool off a bit I think its time for another visit!

crabby_paddy Platinum

Just left Friday after a 5 day stay.  It was a good experience, but it didn't blow me out of the water in any way.  Definitely good for a Cat 4, but absolutely should not be changed to a higher category.

Exactly what I need, someplace to use my Cat 1-4 Certificates!

dcguy Silver 1 Reviews

Tyson's my favorite for a local stay, you can walk to the mall for shopping, eating and going to the movies, thru the office complex across the street.  This is often faster that waiting for the free shuttle.

All of the staff there from the Front Desk to Housekeeping have always been great.  I would have to single out the restaurant staff for special mention, they consistently remember me and my family and even know our names and what my son likes to eat.

Weekend free wi-fi and free parking is a favorite, but they have quite a few unique specials.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Great suggestion!

This is a wonderful location, the drive along the Potomac is really beautiful.  Fine dining is nearby and a relaxing trip will be had by all at this nice hotel.

dcguy Silver 1 Reviews

Just as an update their long time restaurant Shula's has closed and the space is being renovated.

Thanx for the update!

Good to know,

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...