7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2012 5:59 AM by platinum4ever RSS

Suggestions for 20th Anniversary Getaway?

freckledmom Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Please provide some advice on some of your favorite Marriott properties for a summer getaway for our 20th anniversary.  I'd especially love to hear about places with a Concierge Lounge since we feel better about splurging when we get free breakfast.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Boston Marriott Long Wharf
  • Re: Suggestions for 20th Anniversary Getaway?
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

What season of the year do you want to go?  Do you prefer to stay in the USA?  Do you have a preference for being in the city or the suburbs?  Many questions to ask, before providing a recommendation!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

First place that came to mind was the Boston Marriott Long Wharf.  Excellent location, incredible concierge lounge with a great view!

Location Brand Hotel
    Boston, Massachusetts, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Boston Marriott Long Wharf
      shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

iestrikesback

I agree on the suggestion of the Boston Marriott Long Wharf.  Our getaway stay there last fall was fabulous.  Also, their CL was one of the best I've seen.  If Boston is the place, I also hear wonderful things about the Marriott property Boston Commons.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Shoe, I also remember the CL bringing genuine Boston Cream Pies in for dessert and fresh breakfast pastries in from a famous bakery in the area...I can't remember the name of the bakery though.  There is also an adjacent subway stop.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

freckledmom,

You may want to consider Florida.  Cocoa Beach and Key West are very relaxing, and you could even enjoy a cruise from Port Canaveral around Florida.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

If you don't mind traveling a bit,

1)  Budapest Marriott on the Danube has one of the best CLs I've been to complete with smoked salmon.  We did brunch in the hotel, and then dinner out.  Beautiful old world lobby for drinks before or after dinner. Had a room with a great view of the Danube.  For me, Budapest has a very old world feel to it.

2) London St. Pancras was also great.  They have breakfast in the morning, tea from 2:30-4:30pm, then appetizers which were really good, and finally desserts.  You could literally eat your way through the day for free if you wanted to.  The CL also had servers, more like butlers, that bring the drinks, including water, and would reappear if your glass was empty asking to refill it. This hotel is in a train station complex with a shopping mall. Apparently the UK has alot of hotels in their train stations but this was the first to get restored.  It feels like you're getting ready for your voyage on the Orient Express, even if your not traveling by train.

3) Moscow Marriott had a great CL, very similiar to the one in Budapest, but traveling to Moscow is challenging.  Unless your an arts fan that wants to go to the Bolshoi for matinee/evening performances, Budapest is a much easier trip to make

platinum4ever Platinum 1 Reviews

How about staying at the Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel in Charleston, South Carolina?  It has all that you may want for an Anniversary trip:  excellent boutique accomodations (it's a Category 7 Hotel), excellent dining in the area and short walking distances to many places: elegant restaurants with to-die-for food (check out the Lowcountry Cuisine), wonderful shops, historic sites (some with guided tours), walking architectural tours of the area (see the Three Sisters), surrey rides, etc.

In addition, there's Ft. Sumnter in the harbor where the Civil War began; there's several plantations nearby on the Ashley River - Drayton Hall, Magnolia Plantation and Middleton Place; there's The Citadel, a military college who offers up a parade on Friday afternoons in full regalia during certain times of the year; and there's two beach islands within 15 minutes drive - The Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...