1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 13, 2012 12:49 PM by pluto77 RSS

Courtyard Marriott - Medford OR Airport

deepstar Member
Currently Being Moderated

Stayed here a couple of times.  Most recently 6/9 - 6/10/2012.  I am a long time business traveler and I try to stay a Marriott all the time I have always had better luck with them.  The only thing they had available was a Spa King Suite my wife likes these rooms. I did have a couple of issues with this room.

I paid $189 for the room and that is fine, but my expectations will be high.  When I got to the room everything looked great, however, when I began to settle in I started to notice things.  First some of the furniture was in disrepair, right side night stand had large chips in the wood finish near the floor, the movable desk/table was not clean from the previous guests dinner/snacks,  the in room spa tub was just plain used, HARD, the faucet handles were on the verge of falling off in my hand, the spigot was loose and the spa jets were pretty dirty.  I was pretty surprised by this since this is a really new Courtyard, 2 years old or less.

We have used this Courtyard before and everything was top notch, but on this visit I was a little disappointed.  I did tell the front desk about the issues when I left but nothing was offered and I was late for a flight out so I didn't  pursue further...I did offer the front desk person photos that I took of the items but he said he didn't have any way to download them from my iPhone so I offered to email them but he said they will look into the issues and that was it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Medford, Oregon, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Medford Airport
  • Re: Courtyard Marriott - Medford OR Airport
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Deepstar,

Sorry to hear about the wear and tear on your room.  You stated the property is less than two years old?  I am certain I stayed there July 2008.  I could be wrong, but I really think it was the CY, not the SHS or FFI there in Medford.  We thought it was very nice, but then we didn't pay much as we just had the standard room.  Hopefully they will get these items fixed.  Recently I stayed at a full service Marriott (Monterey), and while the room was quite nice (we were upgraded), the floor lamp leaned over pretty bad, but not quite enough to fall over.  It was a small thing I suppose, but it just annoyed me.  These are details that should be attended to, especially when it's a more expensive room, IMHO.  Leaning floor lamps and giant chips in the veneer are something one might expect in a $60/night motel, not a $189 or $240 room.  Anything dirty (or sticky, or crumby) is not acceptable anywhere.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...