5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2012 2:11 PM by tef6178 RSS

DORAL GOLF RESORT & SPA

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is the resort no longer part of Marriott?  I can't get it to show up on the Marriott site.... .it was a favorite spot to use my Cat 4 certificates.  Trump recently bought it... does that mean it's no longer associated with Marriott, closed during renovations or what?  The Villas still show up, and reference the resort facilities for golf and dining ...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Doral, Florida, USA
  • Re: DORAL GOLF RESORT & SPA
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I just read that Trump bought the property. I'm really surprised. I had thought that Marriott had put a lot of money into this property and it really is a magnificent spot. There is also a timeshare property there (right next door) that still shows up on the Marriott website, but that was old and dated last time I was there. The timeshare also shared a lot with the Doral Resort. I wonder what that means for the timeshare property?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Yes, I knew Trump bought it but guess I figured it would still be within the Marriott family as a franchise property rather than corporate.

It was a franchise before as I remember but they had financial issues, so I guess the Trumpster stepped in. He's a Marriott competitor so I doubt he would fly their flag......

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

I'm booked in to stay a week at the TS in March......so I'll give you a full report then.     Hopefully someone will stay there before so we all will know what to look forward to.     BTW last year I stayed at the Trump NYC Hotel & the service, etc. was superb!!!   Comparable or even above the Ritz Carlton.   Hope he brings that to the Doral & the Marriott Villas will be able to continue to use the property.

I'm sure that those staying at the Villas will still be able to use the property, but there won't be any discounts or charging to your room anymore.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...