14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2012 5:11 PM by profchiara RSS

Be vigilant/acct bal/MRChase posting

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I've had this problems a few times before but you do have to be vigilant. Sometimes hotels fairly recently converted to the Marriott Brand do not use Marriott anywhere in their posting to your MR Chase credit card.  This turned out to be true of the Boscolo Venice.  It was listed on my credit card statement as "Grand Hotel dei Dogi" and I did not get 5x the points I should have.  This was quickly resolved when I called Chase MR, but you really have to check closely.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Be vigilant/acct bal/MRChase posting
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

thanks for that heads up.  very useful info.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Prof

thanks for the heads-up.

sdcinok Gold 1 Reviews

Question...

If you spend money at a Marriott but it is not on a room, do you still get the 5x points?  While in St Thomas, we went to a different Marriott property then we were staying at one night for dinner and I put the bill on my Chase card.  Does that get the 5x points? 

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I think you should.  I have done that and did get the 5 pts.  For me, it is easy since till recently, I only use my MCC at Marriotts. 

Yes, you do get the 5 points per dollar equivalent spent on your VISA card, but you won't get the 10X points like you do when you stay at a Marriott.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

prof:

Good advice! It certainly pays to be diligent when checking.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks Prof..great advice.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Did they use Marriott brand soaps, shampoo, etc in the rooms?

Hi Lonestar,

No -- but then almost every Marriott I go to in Europe seems to use different brands (probably more local).  I forget what they were called.

My guess is that this could be true of more Boscolo hotels because of the recent conversion. (BTW, my extra points have not shown up today, though it is less than 24 hours since I called.)  My two other times this happened in the past five years were two (then) new Marriott hotels in Rome - the Central Park and the Marriott Airport.  Neither showed up as a Marriott on the bill, so Chase would not have any reason to know.  I know the Central Park now is branded as Marriott Courtyard, but be especially careful with the new hotels.  They seem to be using the old names for billing, even though my paper bill said Boscolo Venezia Marriott Autograph Collection.

ProfC

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

It shows, that you have follow up on everything in life---take nothing for granted!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

More work!  Saving reciepts, making sure you get pts.  Worse when it does not happen and havve to call.

It has still not posted.  I am going to have to call again, then probably fax them my bill that shows it really was a Marriott hotel. Sigh.

Hi Andy and Michelle,

When new hotels become part of the Marriott chain, can't they be told they must change their billing names to reflect the Marriott status?  I am again going to have to call Chase to get about 1500 points (instead of 292) because the Boscolo Venezia bills itself as the Hotel dei Grand Dogi.  Californian is right.  When Delta messes up, they almost always comp me with substantial mileage points, so I think Marriott should have a similar policy.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...