12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 6:02 PM by californian RSS

Pensacola SpringHill Suites...

srtinnro Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

WE are planning a big family trip to Pensacola next summer.  Can anyone tell me if the Spring Hill SuitesI will be a good place to stay?  Also, any tips on how to accumulate points quickly will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Pensacola SpringHill Suites...
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I have never stayed at this property but I am familiar with the location. It is right on the beach. Pensacola Beach is a very nice beach. The main road from the hotel is Highway 98 and it is always packed with traffic in the summer. There are restaurants fairly close by so it shouldn't be a problem getting to on of the eateries. I am sure you will enjoy the property but I am sure it will be busy. But, that's what the summer is....busy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

srt,

I stayed at the SHS on Pensacola Beach in 2011. It's a great location for beach lovers. The staff was very professional. They had the "resort" feel to their attitude, laid back, but still top notch and very helpful. The hotel was very well run. I stayed in a King Suite Gulf and Pool View w/ a Balcony. The room was clean but the furnishings were worn and a bit beat up. It's plenty roomy for two adults and 2 kids with a pull out sleeper. The small kitchenette is great for keeping things cold and a few snacks handy. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful each morning. I was out the door by 7:15 AM. I enjoyed the late afternoon beach right at the hotel.

I think they get big crowds of young people for spring break.

razorbackfan   has also stayed in the Pensacola area...Just because she likes the Arkansas teams does not mean she shouldn't be counted on for good travel advice

I'll attach a link from one of her posts...http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/35573#35573

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was in Pensacola Beach a few months ago and did a room check.  I was told that they were beginning renovations.  Don't know when you plan to be there but they may be done.

It is on the beach and I meet friends at a near by resturant and the food was good.  The beach there is really nice.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

I agree with painedplatinum.  I have stayed there twice.  It is right on the beach, breakfast each AM was good, but furniture could be upgraded.  Make sure you get some fresh grouper while you are there!!

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Are you getting the promotion points?   There are a few going on right now.

Also, the Marriott Visa card offers lots of extra points if you don't have one and are inclined to register.  Some have gotten as many as 70,000 pts extra, but most are offered 50,000 pts. for obtaining the card.  Then you get points each time you use it, which is how many have gotten such an accumulation of points.

If you really need them in a hurry, they can be bought.

Also, look in the promos to see which places are offering bonus points if you can get there at all.  That would be preferable to buying them to me. 

mdphillips69 Platinum 9 Reviews

Great hotel & staff with family friendly atmosphere.  One of the few Marriott properties right on the beach in the Northern Gulf of Mexico.  We're headed back in September for DeLuna Fest.

Are we talking about the same properties?  The one I saw was really old and in need of updating.  The new one in Orange Beach is a Hampton Inn.

dreamtrip Platinum 5 Reviews

I just stayed her last week on my 62nd birthday trip.   You can't beat the beach here.  Beautiful white sand and very clean.  It was a short walk from the pools to the beach.  Beautiful and even though we weren't traveling with children, we observed that it was very family friendly.  They had 3 pools and one was setup specifically for todlers since I think it had areas that were only 1-1/2 feet deep.  The staff was very nice and they upgraded us to a room that overlooked the pool but we could also see the gulf.  When we checked in they let us look at the room choices that were available so we could decide what we wanted.  We didn't really notice that there was outdated furniture but we were hardly ever in our room--just to sleep and the beds were comfy.   I would highly recommend this property and you need to eat at the Grand Marlin (a little pricey but excellent food) and Hemmingways.   

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

dreamtrip -- sounds like you had a good trip, and Happy Birthday!

When I was in the area having lunch with friends at Hemmingways, I did a room check at the SHS considering it for next year.  They were not friendly to me even though I told them that I was platinum.  They told me that I would not get upgraded and that I would have to pay for an upgrade if I wanted it.  So I will not be staying there next year.  I will be returning to Orange Beach.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

californian -- I've stayed at the FFI Orange Beach two or three times, and honestly I think the staff there is second to none.  And I think they changed management this past spring.  In fact, the curent front desk manager or assistant GM previously worked at the SHS Pensacola Beach.

Perhaps someone was having a bad day.  Maybe they don't upgrade people because that would be to view rooms however I have been upgraded in Hawaii most of the time.  I just checked the prices for the time that I would be there and they have gone up since I made reservations for OB.  I will keep the SHS in mind but I did like Orange Beach  too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...