6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 4:06 PM by tef6178 RSS

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature to reduce benefits to it's credit card customers as of August 1st, 2012

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Sooo disappointed to have received today's letter from Alaska Air, informing me that 1) beginning Aug. 1st, 2012, all companion fares issued may be used for coach class bookings only!  Was so looking forward to booking a first class ticket to Hawaii or the Mexican Riviera this next year and getting the companion first class fare for $99.  Also as of Aug. 1st, the 1,000 bonus miles promotion for Alaska Airlines purchases on alaskaair.com will end.  Grrr!

I did make 3 separate airfare purchases at alaskaair.com today, so am expecting to get the 1,000 bonus miles for EACH purchase.  Will have to consider purchasing roundtrip first class airfare with the $99 companion ticket by Aug. 1st before that benefit expires (and know that I will be attaching it to my Delta Skymiles FF#, not my Alaska FF#!), but then I have to say (and honestly sorry to have to say - as Alaska Airlines has always provided me with very pleasant flight accomodations here in the west/northwest) "I'm outta here," as an Alaska Air loyalty customer.  If Alaska Air wants my loyalty, they will have to do more to earn it.  The reduced benefits may work for the true frequent flyer traveler, but unfortunately not for a traveler such as myself.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...