8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2012 9:07 AM by painedplatinum RSS

Summer Promo reservations?

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I ended up earning all three Summer Promo bonus nights, now the problem is in using them for a trip later this year.  Anyone know the proper code to enter, or is this a phone reservation only process?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Summer Promo reservations?
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

You beat me!  From past experience, they put the certificates in your account.  When you make a reservation using points, if you have a cert that qualifies, you are asked if you want to use it.  Say yes and that is all there is to it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Ding ding ding!

The only thing is if you exceed the number of available free nights, it reverts wholly to points. No option for combining them online, so it's either two reservations or just call the PP line…

I guess that I never ran into that.  It is good to know.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

You're on the right track.  Congrats on all the freebies.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

One good thing I noticed about the certificates is that the expiration date is a year instead of the usual 6 months on others. Whoopee! I hope the year time frame is a new standard for all the free night cert's!

When I called to change my promotion, I asked about the 1 year and was told that so many called to extend them, they just gave more time.

goestoeleven Gold

fyi, while points are transferable, the certs are not.

At least, that is what I was told (Plat line) when trying to transfer a Cert to my mother.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...