3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 11:17 AM by pluto77 RSS

Newport Beach (CA) Marriott Hotel & Spa

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just completed a quick stay at one of our SoCal favorites.  Nice upgraded ocean-view lanai room.  Concierge lounge is excellent with several hot breakfast and happy hour choices.  Nice dessert selection as well, including creme brulee and macaroons.  They were even open on July 4th.  The lounge is smallish, though, and can get crowded for breakfast later in the morning.  We also noticed a few cases of concierge lounge "abuse" with some families not cleaning their tables after eating, but they were in the minority.  Great shopping/restaurants (Roy's & Wahoo's Fish Taco) at the adjacent Fashion Island mall.  Also try the Crab Cooker in Newport for some great no-frills seafood.  They also have a great exercise room with several treadmills, bikes, and weights/lifting area.  A nice touch were the cool eucalyptus towels for after your work-out. 

The one negative about this hotel, is that they used to also be a tennis resort with some great courts, however the courts have been closed for some time and just sit there now in a state of disrepair.  My son and I used to love playing here.  Hopefully, they'll either re-open them, or do something else with that area, as it's kind of an eyesore.        

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Newport Beach, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
  • Re: Newport Beach (CA) Marriott Hotel & Spa
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

ie:

Nice report! How far is this from the timeshare Newport Coast Villas?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

To be honest, I'm not sure.  Never stayed there.  Maybe another Insider knows!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Tef,

It's less than three miles away.  It's in Fashion Island.  (I ran across this while looking for something else.)

Newport Coast.gif

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...