28 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2012 7:00 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Have you stolen any hotels lately?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just kidding!  However, if you are or ever have been a "purloiner" of hotel artifacts, this article is for you!

Hotels offer amnesty program for pilfered amenities - Overhead Bin

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Have you stolen any hotels lately?
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

All I can say is that the person who tried to return the bathtub is.....really wierd. I'd really like to know how they got it out.

I really liked the article just below the story....50 years of 007 on display in England. Quite fascinating to see that they could get all those artifacts together.

Ok now, here's a question for the masses:

Who were the six actors who played James Bond's 007 character. No cheating by looking up. Either you know them or you don't......

For the gals......who was your favorite? (handsomest if you like that term better).

For the guys.....who was your favorite 'Bond girl'? I'll tell you who mine was if you tell.

And, oh yeah.....sorry for hijacking the post pluto..........my bad, but I couldn't resist after I saw that 007 story below the hotel crooks story...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Oh, by the way....I mean the Bond actors from the 'real' 007 movies written by Ian Fleming........not the 'spoofs' that were ludicrous or a TV product.

No worries, Tef.  I hope I can see that display someday.  As far as naming the six actors, I can only think of 4, so won't name them, thereby spoiling it for the poster who can name all six without hints, by naming the four that I can think of without help.

Fave bond?  Easy.  Sean Connery, hands down.

For me, Sean Connery was Bond, James Bond hands down. I'm with you. No other actor did Bond like he did.

The worst....without a doubt....George Lazenby.....and I'm guessing he wasn't one that you remembered. Not only was he a bad Bond, he was probably one of the worst actors I ever saw in a movie. But, I did get to the top of Schilthorn in Switzerland where the movie had a famous scene. So, now you have 5....unless my guess was wrong. I'm also going to guess that you didn't remember actor #4 who did Bond. Only did 2 movies. He and Lazenby are the ones that most don't have any recollection of.....

Here's the summit at Schilthorn in Switzerland.......

On Her Majesty's Secret Service: College of Arms, Queen Victoria Street, London EC4

and it was a good restaurant too! This was quite the cable car ride to get to the summit!

Jojoangel Platinum 1 Reviews

SEan connery - All time fav...

George lazenby

ROger Moore

Timothy Dalton

Pierce Brosnan

Daniel Craig

I'm a huge fan...always watched with Dad!!

Well done!! You got 'em!

A lot of people don't remember Timothy Dalton either. But, he was OK as a Bond. Connery was still the best though. He made the character.

I'm sure there are a lot of 'Bond' fans. How could someone not be? What a franchise.......amazingly, the first Bond movie (Dr. No) had a budget of $1.2 million. Peanuts in todays world of movie extravaganzas. The last Bond movie (Quantum of Solace) had a budget of $230 million. I know, too much info.....

I'm not hearing who the favorite 'Bond gal' is yet............

Yes, well done Jojoangel!  Well, I didn't do too bad then.  I knew there was one earlier on that I didn't know, and George was obviously that one.  The other one that I couldn't remember was the later one.  I thought it might've been Daniel Craig, but didn't know for sure, as I haven't seen those films (perhaps I lost interest.  Now I'll have to watch them.  Truth be told, I've gotten out of the habit of movie going in the past ten years.  Perhaps when I retire I'll take up the past time again.)  Sorry to say this, but to me Dalton was so 'not' Bond, it didn't even seem like a Bond movie to me.  Glad he was only a one-timer, and I mean no disrespect.

Fabulous photo, Tef.  I bet it was really great.

They were all just OK after Connery. Except Lazenby...awful, just awful. Most of the reason the others didn't have the luster of Connery (and they didn't seem like Bond films) was because the producers (or whoever) focused far too much on the gadgetry instead of the people in them. Actually, Dalton did two Bond films, not one.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

totally agree with your assessment!  Love the car chases in most of these movies!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was wondering why so many comments on stealing from hotels and now I see.  Put me down for Sean.  Others never quite made it.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

This happens in other discussions as well.  You open it thinking of one subject, and then it drifts off in other directions.  Thius is much like Yahoo finance, where you look at the subject thinking they are talking about let's say Coca Cola stock and then the last x number of comments ar about some completely different stock!

I guess that I will have to look at discussions that I don't think I have any thing to offer just in case it is about something else.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I actually tend to leave things I have brought with me rather than take things to lighten up the luggage, and most of the inroom ammentities I end up using up, as I stopped carrying my own products after 911....its just too much trouble in the airport with liquides.

I use the hotel products too and am frustrated when they are not there.  They should be there at all hotels or not.  If we can't count on them, we have to bring our own.  Fairmount provides a very nice package of high end products for a small price.  I like that.

I have never run across a room without products!  Some are more high end than others, but they all have products.  For a night or a week, I can live with anything they put in there.

I have.  Suppose they have 3, shampoo, conditioner and lotion.  Sometimes, there might be 2 of one and then missing another.

Jojoangel Platinum 1 Reviews

That has happened to me on quite a few occassions.  Two lotions and a conditioner...so not helpful.  And then i got just two lotions only.  It can be rectified by calling guest services but first time or two it happened i was already in shower.  Yep i should have read them first. Ugh!!  Even if i bring my own i still take an inventory right away now. 

Yes.  Missing shampoo can be bad.  One time it happened to me, they said they were out of shampoo.  This is supposed to be there so we can count on it.  If I don't bring it and they don't have it, I have to find some to buy which is not easy.  What I do is take unused ones with me when driving and they are small enough to take in carry on for a future trip.

missing shampoo is a disaster for me, as I always need extra as I have long hair.  and if I need to do laundry need another.  and if my sister, and/or niece are traveling with me, they need their own too.

a mistake by the cleaning person

or

hotel ran out???

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...