Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 8:07 PM by lone6star RSS

Huh?

srtinnro Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So I clicked on my profile on here, and it says I am a Rookie with 17 points.  Rookie status I understand, but what are the points?  Are they worth anything?  Where do I go to learn more?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Huh?
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

It seems to be the number of posts. I'm not sure if you get additional ones from participating in other things here besides posting and replying. Just found one post on this at How do I accumulate Milestone Badges?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

The points you see are for issues related to making or replying to a post. There is no value to these points that you see.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

it's equivalent to other sites.  For instance on eBay when you buy or sell an item, the more you do this, the star they give you changes colors.  Here they give you bars/point status based on the number of posts/replies. I just ignore it, others think of it as some sort of status.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

lone6star

good explanation.  not sure who considers the designation given as status???

I beleive it was the Community manager and the MR team who thought of the different designations.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

would be nice if it was spendable, e.g. credited to our Marriott rewards account....1 to 1 exchange would be nice :=)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks gk17 for the FAQ link. The participation meter (those colored bars) automatically update for each Insider based upon the amount of their activity and contributions. What is my Participation Meter?

Did you update these recently, as I don't remember seeing so many levels about a month or so ago?

Nope, those participation levels haven't changed. But we're working to add a bit more granularity than just an overall participation point total with a series of participation badges. Once you complete an action, like answering a question, you’d earn the corresponding badge. We’ll have more information soon but this will be nice for new or infrequent Insiders to learn more about the community.

Excellent--- how about changing the particpation level names to something more to do with travel?

We'll add this topic to an upcoming Innovation Spark to get the community's suggestions

Just provided my comments to your questions in the spark group related to this topic.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...