10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 1:52 AM by vaboywnder RSS

Discounted Airport Parking

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently came across a website that offers discounted airport parking to travelers who prepay online.  The website is http://www.onestopparking.com and they have made arrangements with various hotels across the country which are located near airports and who offer shuttle service.  Since I was going to be away from home for 10days I was looking for a deal on parking.  I got a quotation which was $20 less than regular airport parking.  The  hotel that I got a quotation for  is less than a mile from the airport.  I was wondering if any other Insiders have used this service or have any other alternate recommendations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Discounted Airport Parking
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I use cheapairportparking.  I pay for 1 night and the rest to where I park.  I got the website from the Marriott LAX where I wanted to park.  The price was less than half.  I think the paid night is their commission and the rest goes to the hotel.  I used them several times. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I've found reservations and prepaying have been hit or miss around PHL.  We prepaid and received a reservation twice from one firm only to arrive and the guard on duty told us they were full!!. They sent us to an uncovered (wintertime) lot about 2 miles away. They had a partnership of some sort with this other lot. I was steaming!...of course a fair question would be.."Pained, why did you book with this group a second time if they screwed you the first?" Well, I forgot the name of the group the second time and didn't realize it until I was a block away...even then, I figured no way these guys would pull the same nonsense again...boy was I wrong.

We have found another vendor that has been more reliable since those experiences. 

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

The Marriott by the Orange County CA airport has some great rates, via cheapairportparking.com.

Thanks. I usually don't park my car there becasue it is outside.  One time when I returned my car was covered with a hardened film that was really hard to get off. I had to pay a detailer.  Jet fuel can get all over it.  If I am LAX, I use indoor parking.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Marriott offers travelers the opportunity to park and fly at various hotels. They do not offer this deal all the time, but when they do, it is well worth the cost of spending the night at a property to get 7 or more days of free parking just for staying. When traveling, I always check to see if a Marriott has the park and fly deal because it is a no brainer when they do.

I h ave used that and many times it is a really good deal but other times it is not.  It seems that the best deals are offered when I am away from home and staying at the airport before I head home.  Stay here and park for free.  I have not been able to take advantage of this.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree that the deal for free parking, the time frame for the trip and the hotel you can use offering it have to all be there for this offer to 'fly'.

sizzlekayak Member 8 Reviews

Great suggestions & info.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I decided to go ahead and try the website onestopparking.com to make a parking reservation for the Richmond VA airport. I needed a place to park my car for 10 days and really wanted a better deal than the airport rate or the Park-N-Go option which cheapairportparking refers its customers to. Park-N- Fly rates are great when you have an early flight but was not needed for this trip since I had a 6pm flight and I only live 90minutes from this airport.  The onestopparking website set me up with parking at a new Holiday Inn Hotel located less than a mile from the airport.  Basically you have to print out your parking reservation and provide your car information to the front desk of the hotel. The shuttle was quick and I  had less than a 5 minute wait from the time I arrived at the hotel and was able to save $20 on parking. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...