13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2012 2:33 PM by goestoeleven RSS

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff AZ

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just completed a stay here for a family vacation.  It's a great SpringHill, convenient to exploring both the Grand Canyon and Sedona.  Our large suite had 2 queen beds, and a walk-in closet adjacent to the bathroom!  Great breakfast and service at this hotel.   I highly recommend it.  Good Flagstaff restaurants - El Capitan for Mexican and Brix for a casual fine-dining experience with food from local farms. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Flagstaff, Arizona, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
  • Re: SpringHill Suites Flagstaff AZ
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

iestrike,

We stayed at the SHS Flagstaff one night on 1/31/12. It has close proximity to a snowboarding hill (to add to your list). We did Sedona the day we arrived and drove up to the Grand Canyon the following morning. I believe Flagstaff features the closest Marriott properties to the Canyon.

The SHS get's pretty full with the snowboarding families in the season, so get to breakfast early before the crowds!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

So ie.,

You did Las Vegas and then drove to Flagstaff? I was reading your Cosmopolitan review just yesterday. We did the Vegas to Flagstaff, hit the two big sites and then back to Vegas. A very pretty drive.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

PainedPlatinum,

Thanks for your mentioning my Sedona post!

I am planning a trip to The Grand Canyon in January.  Would you recommend going from Las Vegas or Phoenix.  LV is about a 100 miles further, but I hear the view is better from the North side of the Grand Canyon.

Thanks also for the information on Flagstaff.  Will plan on staying there as well. 

Thanks again!

JC,

I've never been to the North Rim..I'm not even sure how to get there or if it's developed for viewing. Both arrival destinations have their advantages.....The Phoenix to Flagstaff to Grand Canyon is the way to go for time savings. We did the Vegas trip for business then carved out a few days after.  My wife had never been to Hoover Dam. She really enjoyed the tour and the great vista points. The ride from Vegas to Flagstaff was just right. It allowed for the Sedona and Grand Canyon visits.

By the way... I have heard about the greatness of the In and Out Burger. I had my first on the way back to Vegas in Kingman, AZ. It was okay, but I'd take a Five Guys Burgers and Fries over the In and Out any day.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

The North Rim is developed, although not as developed as the South Rim, so there are less crowds, which can be nice.  It is only open between Mid-May through Mid-October.  The famous Skywalk is actually located outside of the National Park in the western part of the canyon on an Indian reservation.

Here's a link for South Rim / North Rim.

Things To Do - Grand Canyon National Park

curiousone Platinum

Not sure if that should be "famous" Skywalk, or "infamous" Skywalk. Be sure to check reviews, It is a long drive to get to it and very pricey.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I've heard that too.  It's not something I would do.  5 hour drive from the South Rim.

I also hear you can NOT take pictures while you're on it!

curiousone Platinum

There is a five guys in Flagstaff.

I guess it's a matter of taste, pained.  I've had 5 guys three times and have been underwhelmed.  I prefer In and Out, but I'm not crazy about it like most fellow SoCal residents. 

Started our vacation in Flagstaff, then drove to Vegas.  Did Grand Canyon one day, then Sedona the next.  Before going to Grand Canyon via the desert route, we hit the Sunset Crater/Wupatki Ruins Nat'l Monument - a good uncrowded "off the beaten path" excursion!

goestoeleven Gold

just fyi, the Courtyard in Flagstaff is excellent as well.

I hadn't been to Sedona in 20 years  .... wow, has it gotten commercial and crowded!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...