4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 10:08 PM by iestrikesback RSS

Using free night reward in combination with points

justin13 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I am trying to book a two-night stay at a category 3 hotel. After recently opening up a Marriott Rewards credit card, i received a rewards credit: "Visa free night category 1-4 hotels"

When I try to book online, it only lets me add the certificate when I book for one night, when it's for two nights it does not give me the option to add. I'd like to use the certificate for the one night, and use points for the second night. Seems like a simple thing, but i've tried every combination online. Is this possible??? If the certificate is only good for a one-night stay then that is pretty silly. I guess I could always book two separate rooms to make a weekend out of it.

thankss!

Justin

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using free night reward in combination with points
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders,

I don't think there is a way to use a certificate and then add points for a second night. I would call up the Marriott reservation line and one of the customer reps will help set this up for you in the system.    

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

I think you answered your own question.  Book 2 separate nights/reservations....one night using your certificate & the next night using your points or vice versa.  When you get to the hotel for check-in, they can combine them into one room/reservation.  You might call ahead after you make the 2 reservations & the front desk can combine them,also.  Good luck.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

justin:

You can book separate reservations for the two nights. I have done this many times. When you arrive at the hotel let them know that the reservation extends for another day on another reservation and they will combine the stays so you do not have to change rooms. For me, the hotels have always taken care of this right when checking in for the first night and the process has been seamless.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...