18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2012 2:13 PM by tupperkid RSS

letter from Chase

designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Have been traveling and out of touch for a week or so (yes, there are still some places with no cell coverage and very little internet connectivity) not sure if this has come up.  I received a letter from Chase saying there had been a glitch in awarding the nights stay for each $3000.00 spent on the card from the first of the year.  Not too specific but did say it would be corrected in my next statement and would be posted to my Marriott account.  I had thought there was a problem so am glad to see this being resolved.

Anyone else get the letter?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: letter from Chase
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Saw in another forum mentioning this as well. Other members have received a similar letter from Chase.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Here's the thread where others mention receiving the same letter.  (You'll have to scroll down a ways... )

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/10126

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I received the same letter. I think it's more of a form letter sent out to everyone. I track my Chase activity and there is nothing out of line. All nights credited add up correctly. I'm sure this will apply to some folks, but I don't think there will be a windfall of night credits for all.

mackey34 Platinum 1 Reviews

I haven't received the letter.  I don't keep a real close eye on that stuff, but it seems pretty close to accurate.  I'll have to take a closer look.  Thanks for the info!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

I received two copies of the letter. (Hmmmm) I don't expect them to adjust my account (because I didn't think they'd made an error), but we'll see.

txnroses Platinum

I received the letter also.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

I received the letter also.  I had been wondering if everything was adding up right.  I wish there was a running total somewhere so one could double check as the nights are credited.  I do appreciate this benefit!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I too received the letter but don't expect any adjustment to my account. I agree this was probably a form letter. I also think it may have had something to do with the confusion around when there was so much trouble with their southern clearing house when so many cards were compromised. I know mine was stolen twice within a month!

I received the letter, but also don't think there will be any adjustments.  I don't have time to do a spreadsheet on how many nights/points should be transferred every month, as it can be time intensive and confusing.  I had a ton of charges from my last Europe trip, and how many points I earn (i.e. 2 pts. for dining, travel related, etc.) depends largely on what type of business the merchant classifies itself as.  There were a numer of restaurants that apparently did not classify themselves as dining, etc., which affects point earnings from spending.  Not worth figuring it out to the "T", but the points look to be in the ball park, so I guess that's good enough for me.

To make it easier to track the elite night credit for the $3000 spend, I take one billing cycle every year and put away the Marriott Visa card. Then, I get a fresh start on tracking. I usually have that 'time out' with the card coincide with a month I spend at home so there are no actual 'Marriott' charges. Since I travel for leisure only, these nights credited for spending could be helpful so I make sure I track them just in case I don't make the 75 nights of fun travel. On a year when my rollover nights don't roll over because they 'recoup' the rollover nights for the previous year, I stop my usage of the card when I hit 75 nights because the nights mean nothing at that point. I then use my airline card for everything.

tupperkid Gold

I got the letter too, but have yet to see any adjustments.  I'm hoping to see two to three more nights, as my goal is to get to GOLD this year!

I hope you make it, Tupperkid.  Free breakfasts and room upgrades really are nice perks.  Plus the elite offers get better too.

tupperkid Gold

Thanks!  I'm at 42 nights now, so GOLD is in sight!  I can't wait!

Once I make it, when will my gold status start?  With my anniversary?  And if so, how can I find out when that is?  I don't see it on my profile.

Also, how can I tell which hotels have the consierge level?

Thanks in advance!

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Once you make it to Gold, it will take effect immediately   Your anniversary date should be the date you signed up for the Marriott Rewards account. You can contact Marriott for that if necessary.

In terms of concierge lounge access, I'm not sure if you see that during online reservation but if you don't, the frontdesk usually reminds you. Doesn't hurt to ask especially if you are staying at a full service Marriott.

If you plan to stay at Marriott for the long run, I highly recommend getting the Marriott Premier Credit Card if you don't have it already. It will give you an additional, 15 elite nights credit which automatically makes you a Silver member. That means 35 more nights to make it to Gold and 60 more for Platinum. You also earn one elite night for every $3,000 spent and will get a free night every year on your anniversary date (except for the initial sign up where you will get it shortly). Annual fee is $85. Or you can opt for the Marriott Rewards Credit Card which has a little less perks but cost $45 a year.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Agree completely - if you care about your Marriott status (and you should) - get the Chase Premier VISA card.  Here's some additional reading:

I hope some of it helps....

p.s. while we're into unsolicited advice, do you have a AAA card yet?  If you travel a lot, it pays for itself QUICKLY with the discount program.  See, generally:

You're on your way to gold... and platinum... and beyond....

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Definitely agree with you on the AAA card ssindc. I signed up for the card immediately once I noticed Marriott gives discounts for them. I've seen anywhere from a few dollars in savings to the high double digits ($70+ off regular price).

tupperkid Gold

Oh, I have the Premier Card!!!  LOVE it and the perks so far - looking forward to the GOLD perks too!

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

Good luck with getting to Gold! I'm sure you'll make it with 42 nights 'in the bank' already.

You can usually tell if a full service hotel has a Concierge Lounge by looking at the photos of the property. I've seen some hotels put a picture and description in either the 'services' pictures or the 'restaurant' pictures and some describe whether or not it is on a Concierge level.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...