15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 9:16 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Where do you find email addresses?

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to email the concierge at the Heathrow Marriot but cannot find an email address listed anywhere on the hotel's site.   Is there a special place I'm not seeing?    Is there a central site where Managers and/or concierges with email addresses are listed?    

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Where do you find email addresses?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

kroywen,

Having stayed at this property I am not sure they have a concierge.  What I have  done in the past is call the hot line and have them connect me via a three-way call to the hotel or at least give me an email address.

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi kroywen,

For email address contacts at hotel properties, I have always contacted Marriott Rewards Customer Support at:

United States/Canada

1 801 468 4000 (8:15am - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday, US Eastern time)

and asked them for the concierge email address, and they have always given me one.  Further, I have always received a response to my emails (recently, I received a response from the GM at a property), and coincidentally, all of my email correspondence has been with properties in Europe, and they all have written back in English.  So far, I am 5 for 5.

If you decide to try this, let us know how it turns out.  All the best.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Thanx Pluto77,

I just did that for my arrangements to London.

Will let you know how it works out.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Thanks Pluto.    I wonder why the email addresses aren't listed together with the phone & fax #'s.   I'll call as you suggested.

Our direct flight from Budapest to JFK was "route eliminated"  & we had to re-book via a layover at Heathrow....so I decided to stay 2 nights.    Because of the Olympics hotels in London were non-existent so we're staying near the airport and visiting Windsor.     Any suggestions re getting to Windsor Castle without a car?  

I also wonder why the email addresses aren't listed with the phone & fax #'s as well.  I thought maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot till I saw the threads on MI.  Even the small botique hotel I stayed in BCN had a web site with email addresses.  Very helpful with the differences in timezone, language and culture.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Kroywen,

I've never stayed in London, so don't know my way around there.  Perhaps jerrycoin or arkwright or chrisf or others can chime in.

With over 3600+ properties worldwide, I think maintaining email contacts on hotel webpages could get a bit daunting, with personnel changes (the emails seem to be assigned to individuals ie. john.doe@renaissancehotels.com, not a group mailbox), where as phone numbers change far less often, if ever.  That's just my speculation.  There may be other reasons.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Pluto and Kroywen,

There are tour buses that will pick you up at most hotels.  However I am not sure about getting from Windsor Castle from LHR.  Would imagine it could be arranged.  You may have to either google it or wait till you get to hotel and then make arrangements.

Don't let the huge crowds take you away from taking the tube to sights you want to see.  You will have about an hour tube ride to Hyde Park area and Buckingham Palace.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Thanks Jerry.    I've been to London numerous times, so am actually looking forward to staying close to Windsor & Heathrow......although it  might be nice to take a quick look-a-round Olympic London,    Only have about 36 hours so will have to spend my time wisely.    Will let you know all about it when I get back end of August.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Sorry (1) for the delay in responding, and (2) for not being able to add to Pluto's speculation - which I suspect must be correct.

From my own experience, e-mail addresses for hotels are apparently never advertised on the Marriott website. As Pluto says, listing these data would create a major logistical challenge. Where/when I have been able to get an e mail address, it has been through direct contact with the relevant individual - but, of course, this doesn't help until you've identified this person.

Direct phone contact either with Customer Services or the hotel in question would be your better bets.

Best of luck,

A

I did receive a very thorough response from the St. Pancras, and am now checked in. Am enjoying this hotel very much, and will need to make a return visit when I can really explore.

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Hi kroywen, sorry for late response but I've been suffering from a lack of home internet connection. 

So, Windsor Castle without a car?  As far as I am aware, most regular tours that take in Windsor Castle start in Central London ... you would need to either get a hotel pick-up or travel into the centre using the underground or Heathrow Express + taxi.  Either option would be quite pricey by the time that you had added the tour costs.  The tours often do not include entry and take in other locations, e.g. Stonehenge.

I know that you said 'without a car' but, really, using a car is by far the easiest way to get there.  I would expect that Marriott could arrange a car hire for the day with pick-up / drop-off at the hotel.  The journey would be about 20-30 mins ... it's a fairly easy route of about 10 miles.  The other alternative would be to arrange for a driver or taxi to take you and then pick you up.  Depending upon how many there are in your party, this could prove the cheaper option?  (Coach trips from the centre of London are generally about £30+ per person and do not include castle entry ... black cabs would probably only cost £30 each way and there are generally cheaper local taxi firms that the hotel can recommend.)

This site will give you some info ...Travelling to Windsor

I hope this helps ... and enjoy Windsor Castle ... it's a great day out.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Thanks Chrisf.    I think a taxi from the Heathrow Marriott to Windsor and back will be the best choice as neither of us want to bother renting and driving for 1 day.   When you factor in the fuel & parking charges it will probably balance out and be less worrisome.   Just saw a film of the Queen at Windsor accepting the Olympic torch.   Looks like it will be a full day visit (with a champagne picnic lunch).

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Good call, kroywen ... a champagne picnic lunch sounds an excellent idea!  If you book the taxi through the hotel and agree the price beforehand, you should find that they are more reliable.

It looks like you could get there by National Rail [link 1 is a rail map], and that admission [GBP 17] is included in the price of rail ticket [link 2].  You might need to take the hooper over to LHR, and then pick up the train.  Cheapest ticket is GPB 10/pp/1way or 20/pp/rt.  If you have 4 people it would cost GBP 20 * 4 = GBP 80 v. the price of the cab + admission to Windsor Castle (GBP 17 * 4 = GBP 68].

Another benefit of the train is its great sightseeing.  Many guide books like Lonely Planet and Frommers recommend you just ride the local transit to the end of the line and back.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/passenger_services/maps/

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/pr1c45850a04000400f7945edea2d592/details.html

I am completely sold on the British rail system!

after information overload [much research, blogging with everyone, emailing with the hotel], but no analysis or recommendation, I finally asked the information desk at Terminal 4 and was told, just take the underground to St. Pancras, which was so simple and cheap [GBP 5.3]. The underground was literally right off the terminal.  To get to the Express Train, Taxi or Limo, I would have walked further.  It was sitting there waiting, unlike the US where you have to jump on with bags or risk losing an arm or a bag, trains actually wait a bit at a stop.  It was 24 stops to St. Pancras, about 1 hr, and I arrived into the complex the hotel was in, never going outside into the rain.  Spent the night, and the bellman took my bags out to the National Rail which is down a floor, around the corner, and up another platform.  It cost me GBP 36 for a high speed rail ticket to Dover, and I was there in an hour.  Shared a taxi with other cruise passengers for GPB 2.  All-in-all I made it from LHR to Dover for GBP 43. Everyone else paid the cruiseline close to $200 USD.  Approximately one-third of the folks on the cruise were British and we all had a great time comparing our journeys to the port via rail and road.  Those that took the cruise ship bus, spent alot more money and lost out on alot of the fun.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...