2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 10:57 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Thinking About Buying A Gift Card at a Marriott Resort? Think Again.

really? Silver
Currently Being Moderated

After my wife's experience this past weekend at a Marriott Resort, I contacted a reporter today and shared her experience. Here is the link to the article: Callaway Gardens Gift Cards No Longer Honored at Spa & Lodge - LaGrange Citizen

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Thinking About Buying A Gift Card at a Marriott Resort? Think Again.
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings really? and thanks for bringing the situation to our attention. Although this is not specifically related to Marriott Resorts, it appears the Calloway Gardens giftcard page has been updated and they have already issued a reimbursement, so feel free to contact Calloway Gardens directly for any further assistance with the matter. It’s unfortunate how the nice gesture for your wife turned out, but I’m sure other Insiders would have some great resort recommendations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Thinking About Buying A Gift Card at a Marriott Resort? Think Again.
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

The statement I find that is most interesting is, "“Their systems don’t integrate with ours,”

With all the buyouts, mergers, acquisitions, teaming arrangements going on, the last thing anyone thinks of or is willing to pay for is integration, both computer and processes.

I see this going on everywhere these days.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...