8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 5:55 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Above and beyond every day

stumberry Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have stayed at the NYC courtyard SOHO for 150 nights over the last year and a half and believe it to be the absolutely best run Marriott property in the country. Though blessed with a great location and sound management leadership, it is the unbelievable character and dedication of the staff that sets this hotel apart; it is literally like being with family. Though i admire and could nominate many of the staff, I have to give spacial recognition to front desk manager Shaheer B. who I have never seen do anything but welcome  every guest with a smile and desire to help. This is one "above and beyond" guy- who daily goes the extra mile (actually ran an extra mile one day to get me pair of socks after mine were lost) to keep all the guests happy-  and especially to help the frequent travelers feel less far away from home. Shaheer is model of what the hotel industry should look like.

Stuvry day Berry

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Above and beyond every day
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Fantastic!  Most Marriott's that I frequent often treat me with great respect. Everyone knows my name!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I really like it when they know my name.  That should be part of their training if it is not.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

stumberry, welcome to Marriott Insiders.  I'm pleased that your first post was to report on such a positive experience.  Please continue to post about your travel experiences.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings stumberry, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

Laura, I frequent the Dadeland Miami Marriott and CY quite often.  Everyone there knows my name and goes above and beyond all the time.  I couldn't provide one name that stands out, as they are all stars!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Thanx for the great review!

I keep thinking I should try this property as it has a great location.

Now I will make a point of it!

It is a great location as 1 1/.2 blocks away is the Dadeland Mall, and next door to the CY and across from the Marriott is a Publix supermarket.
      No need for a car as the hotel shuttle takes youto and from the airport for free.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Another great property like that is the Burlington MA Marriott as they have a shuttle bus to take you to the nearby mall.  Especially if you are going to be there awhile, and what a change of pace for meals.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...