24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2012 6:30 PM by GemPrincess RSS

All Inclusive

bigcat50 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I was wondering if Marriott has any all inclusive locations / resorts. I haven't been able to find anywhere in the hotel description if it is an all inclusive property or not. Any help is appreciated!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: All Inclusive
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

BigCat50, Welcome to Insiders.

What do you mean by all inclusive properties?  If you are referring to properties that have all inclusive packages, I don't think there are any at this time.  All inclusive packages are offers and deals that only appear from time to time, I believe.

Can anyone else weigh in on this?

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bigcat50 Gold

Pluto77,

Thanks for the quick response. That's exactly what I was refering to. Basically can I look for a property that is all inclusive or do I have to wait for an offer to come along?

I'm sorry, but I do not have personal, definitive knowledge on this subject, but when I did a search (click on the 'discussions' tab, then enter the word 'inclusive' in the filter text box), a number of posts came up.  One posts seems to indicate that Marriott isn't offering these packages any longer.

That's why I'm hoping someone else with experience with these packages might weigh in.  In the meantime, try the search, and see what some of the other posts say about all inclusive packages.  Best of luck.  I hope you get some additional responses here.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I believe those were pulled about Oct 17, 2011, at least for the Caribbean and Latin America.

All-Inclusive Redemption Changes, Effective Oct. 17, 2011

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Tryt ... I'm always amazed at how you can recall/find these facts!  ... must be a great memory or outstanding search logic.

BigCat50 ... I've never found any 'all inclusive' packages with Marriott ... hotels, resorts or MVCI.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Chris, It was good search Logic.  My memory is definitely "hit-and_miss" most of the time.

Thanks for posting this info, Tryt.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

BC50,

There is  group of Marriott and Renaissance Caribbean and Mexico Resorts (MARCAM) that has their own website. Sometimes they run specials that I don't always see everywhere else. The site is paradisebymarriott.com.... They represent 6 Caribbean and 3 Mexican Resorts. The last all inclusive, I am aware of, needed to be booked for St Kitts by last December. It may be worth an e-mail to a public relations person from this group to see if they are planning this type of promo in the near future. Give the site a visit...it's pretty nice.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Just tried to access this site and it is not working..

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Thanks, will go try and go thru these now

Also staying away from Mexico.  Even thought the prices are cheap, thre are still US warnings to stay out!

Friends of mine that work in companies that need to have travel plans approved [even personal] have been told they can no longer travel to Mexico.

Understand completely

I used your first link above to book an all inclusive vacation. When I called MR Customer  Service they had no idea of this link!

Not surprising.  We frequently travelers generally know more about the vendors, than their staff.  Also true of the airlines.

I received an e-mial from Marriottt on this after I files a complaint.  They basically stated that they discontinued the All Inclusive feature using points.  If you pay all cash, then it is there.  But that defeats the purpose of earning the points to redem for free hotel stay vacations.

They seem to be making 'alot' of changes, but not really announcing or clarifying things.  It just all the sudden happens, and when you enquire you get different stories.

At the St. Pancras, I did not get my normal suites upgrade.  It was not a decision the desk clerk, who was quite young, made on his own as he went to the back room to confer with someone who never bothered to come out front. He was very apologetic, and asked that I not shoot the messenger on several occassions, so he was not acting on his own, and he was fully aware of the options and asking clarification from his management.

He was personally concerned enought to follow up with me the next day, and state that he knew things were not up to my expectations, but once again, don't shoot the messenger.  So I told him that I would take it up with the platinum line stateside and he seemed relieved.

Before I could even get back to the states my account had been credited with 1000 points, the equivalent of 100 dollars [or 2 platinum gifts at check in].

Its like its all calculated, to scale back platinum benefits, and if met with resistence to credit our account if we are paying, or give us points if we are not paying.

I just don't get why they would prefer to leave a perfectly good suite empty, rather than give it to us, yet give us points?

Makes no sense to me, and seems quite calculated.

I'm puzzled as well, unless they felt that there was still time in the day, that someone would come into the hotel and rent that room.

I got the feeling it didn't matter if the room was occupied or not.  It was strickly on category.  You had to pay more to be in that category to be upgraded in that category.  They actually suggested I book that category.  I told them that award certificates do not specify category.  And I used 40K points for 1 night.  Seems like they should be able to come u with he best available.

That worked---thanks so much!

So, I just found out that the "all inclusive" resorts were pulled out in 2011 (as was mentioned above by TRYT53).    You can get an all-inclusive rate in the Carribean, but it can't be with "all points".  You can redeem points for your room stay, but when it comes to the meal plan, this has to be in cash.

I was under the assumption that you could use points to redeem for both the hotel stay and the meal plan. I complained as the link for the all-inlcusive resorts is still active, and there is nothing written that says you can't use "all points" for the meal plan as well.  The Meal Plan is expensive.  I got a quote for 4 people in Curacao for $592 per night!

jep2020 Gold 1 Reviews

I just went to the site, which looks helpful, the interesting thing I found is that there is no mention of Marriott rewards and if you sign up for emails they do not request you MR number.

Thanks for the tip.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...