20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2012 5:53 AM by absolutelegend1 RSS

Difference between Platinum Platinum lifetime and Platinum premier

livingmarriott Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Waht is the difference between 1) Platinum and Platinum Premier and 2) Platinum and Platinum Lierifetime

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Difference between Platinum Platinum lifetime and Platinum premier
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

I think the benefits for them are pretty much the same. To reach Platinum Premier status, you need 125+ nights a year and need to meet this requirement again annually to keep the status. Same applies for any other status (Silver, Gold, Platinum). As a Lifetime Platinum, you don't need to meet any more requirements as you have "proved" that you are loyal to the brand after all those years of staying with them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

i would think most people would hit this (125 nights) at the end of the year, so by that time, what benefits could you realize at that point in time?

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Well, that depends on how much they travel and if they are willing to stay at the Marriott properties only or split it among other hotel chains. I personally don't see any great benefit between Platinum and Platinum Premier. Either one will be downgraded if you don't meet the requirements again after the next year. One thing I am looking forward to though is the Lifetime Platinum membership. I just started last year, so I still have a long way to go but I'm guesting 75-100 nights a year for the next 10+ years should do the trick if I get to stay in this field that long

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I have to agree with you as I love my Lifetime Platinum.

Before that I was Platinum for many years, before Platinum Premier existed.

Thus far I have not noticed difference in benefits.

I think the major concern is having enough stays each year to maintain the status.  If your traveling alot, you probably don't even need to think about it.

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Precisely. As a frequent traveler, you will probably hit Platinum or Platinum Premier status every year. Before you know it, you will achieve Lifetime Platinum. As far as I recall, I think you get the Wall Street Journal for free as Lifetime member

I use to get the newspaper with just my Platinum service.  It did seem to vary from property to property, which paper I got on which days.

Yes, I get this right now as a Platinum member.  It's part of my profile.  I wonder if I was Silver Elite, if it would show up as a choice in my Profile.

Sometimes I think its just the properties and what they have available.  It use to be they only distributed papers on the concierge floor (s).  Regardless of your status, if you were on that floor you got a paper.  Then there were alot of complaints when platinum level members weren't getting upgrades at properties cause they were already occupied by other platinum members, and sometimes a waiting list of platinums.  So then they started giving out papers regardless of your location.  I think they were trying to provide a platinum experience regardless of which floor you landed on.with lounge access and papers.

I think the location comes into play cause it sometimes defines what papers are available, expecially on the weekend when USA and Wallstreet Journal are not available, we would get local papers, but then I believe USA came out with a weekend edition.  Sometimes we got a local paper and a national paper.

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

I read somewhere that the Wall Street Journal is available in digital format either for Platinum Premier or Lifetime Platinum. Either way, it's a paper only in digital format for those interested

From what I've read of other Lifetime Platinum members, there are no benefits (at least not published).

What field are you in?

mijoh1 Platinum

If that's the case, I'm a Lifetime Platinum, why did I also receive a black PPE card that expires next year?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

there are very clear requirements to achieve Lifetime Platinum.  Nothing at Marriott is generalized.......

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

platinum premier is a not so clear target as the designation is bestowed on the top travelers for the year.  In a down year, the number of nights needed may be around 100 or so, in a booming economy, it may take 125+ to achieve the status....

absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews

Platinum Premier is a higher status that Lifetime Platinum, so even if you are LP and you achieve PP status in a given year, you will be made PP for the year to come - hence you were issued with that card with the expiry on it.  Following that year, you will revert back to LP.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...