12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2012 7:20 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Lunch choice at Epcot

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Epcot_1027.JPG

We were not able to take a trip to Paris this summer, so we chose to dine at Les Chefs de France while we were at Epcot.  We had eaten there about 7 years ago on our last trip to Disney and had enjoyed the meal so we headed to "France" for a late lunch.  We decided to try the Prix Fixe 3 course menu which included an appetizer, entree, and dessert.  We both chose Soupe a l'oignon (French Onion Soup) which I love.  I chose Quiche Lorraine for my entree and my husband chose Croque Monsieur.  Each entree came with a small salad on the plate.  For dessert, we both chose Profiterolles au chocolat.  It was as good as it looks.

We did not need a reservation because we ate about 2; however, they do take reservations.  We had a leisurely lunch then toured the rest of "France".

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lunch choice at Epcot
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

I wish that I had had this info prior to our visit to Epcot in 2010.  We struggled to find any restaurant that looked appealing and needed up in the Chinese area.  In comparison to your meal, it was pretty dire.  We were checking out the Orlando area to see if we would take our grandchildren to Disney etc. one year.  We left there very undecided.  Have you been to the Disney near Paris?  If so, what did you think?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We have not been to Disney Paris and I don't know anything about it.  This was our second trip to Disney World and most likely our last.  There is lots to do in the Orlando area other than Disney World.  Summer is not the best time to go in my opinion.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I enjoy Epcot and find the food in the world center to be good.  One day I ate dinner in Japan and had desert in Germany.  That would be hard to do if not for Disney.  The food that I had was very good.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

razor:

Great choice! Amazing how good the food is in both the French and Canadien pavilion restaurants! Even the English Pub is a cut above!

As I recall the American Pavilion has McDonalds burgers!!! Hopefully that's changed.......

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Hey, you guys ... how come you have all picked a good country for food at Epcot!?! ... trust the Brit to make the poor choice! 

Razor ... it was April/May when we were there ... it was exceedingly hot.  We did a round trip from Miami up the Gulf Coast, across to Orlando and then down to the Keys and back to Miami.  I'll have to get some advice if we do go back with the grandchildren, but it would be a few years away.

Disney got rid on McDonalds several years ago.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks for the info! Who do they have in the American Pavilion now for food? I go to Disney (Epcot) a few times a year and I haven't gone anywhere near the American food area in the Pavilion because of the Mickie D thing they had there. Their first impression with food was lasting for me to not go there. Glad to hear it's different.

Don´t know.  I eat at one of the many other choices.  I will be back in Dec.  I will check.  If you get there first let me know!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Razor,

Yum.  I will probably end up there at some point, so this is good info (hopefully later rather than sooner; my daughter is now "Jonesing" for a 3 generation vacay at Disney World next Spring.  Uh uh.  After this latest trip to Paris, not gonna happen.  At least not with this Grandma.  Maybe when the grandkids are about 6 or 7, but they're way too young now.)  We had something similar at a Cafe at Versailles.  Very good.

Thanks for posting!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Glad you enjoyed it.  Maybe I made poor choices, but my memory of eatinig in Epcot was that it was expensive and not that memorable.  Went to the Morrocan Restaurant, and it was not nearly as good as what I have had in DC and LA at the Prix Fixe Morrocan restaurants, but it did cost alot more, nor was their a floor show.  After that, I started going outside the park to the local supermarket and picked up a rotisseri chicken.  It was very good, and cost alot less.

I think it depends where you go and who is cooking.  To me, leaving the park, one must ´wait for the tram or walk, walk to your car, leave the park, drive to an eating place, drive back to the park, park, walk to tram, go through security, go through the gate.  Now do you see why I eat in the park.  I am paying for Disney and it would take at least 2 or 3 hours to leave.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I can only take so much of it.  I left during the busy times and came back when everone else was eatting.   One trip was enough for me. Too many countries I want to visit.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...