1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 23, 2012 4:01 PM by ksolsberg RSS

Where to stay - Caribbean Vacation?

cmhunt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am starting plan our 2013 vacation and welcome recommendations for a Caribbean location. My wife and I are 30 and like very laid back locations - quiet, not a lot of kids, great beach(s). Like most others, we prefer the resort to have good food and a few enjoyable bars (we like to drink). We recently went to Curacao and absolutely loved it. We plan on utilizing points for a 5 night stay and hope to redeem 'Marriott Cheques' to cover food / booze expense. If anyone has any recommendations, places to avoid, or experiences they wish to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Curacao, Curacao
Aruba
Caymen Islands, Caribbean
  • Re: Where to stay - Caribbean Vacation?
    ksolsberg Gold
    Currently Being Moderated

I can only comment on Cayman Island and Frenchman Cove. I was not a fan of Frenchmans Reef but I was there over 10 years ago...it sits up high on a hill and hardly any beach to play on...nice pool though. I don't remember the bars...probably not a good thing. The Morning Star next to it has some buildings of condo style rooms I think, and sits on the beach.

We went to the Caymans a couple times and really enjoyed it, not a very big hotel, but both times we got oceanfront rooms and enjoyed sitting on the small balcony in the evening. The beach is nice and some "small time" snorkling out in from the beach. No real bars here either, the required small one at the beach, and one in the lobby was about it.

We're going to Aruba in November and can't wait.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...