5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2008 9:41 PM by josephbradley RSS

Ko Olina, Hawaii

arubagirl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We spent a week at the Ihilani Ko Olina Resort and Spa the end of January, 2008.  It was wonderful.  The snorkeling was terrific!  We loved the 4 coves to swim in and the people were very nice and informative who work there.  Our room was very nice, well decorated and the view was exceptional!  We enjoyed the Polynesian Cultural Center very much.  I also made my own lei at the hotel!  FUN!  We loved working out at the fitness center/spa.  All in all, we had a great time.  We also enjoyed visiting the Vacation Club and seeing their rooms too!  We'd love to buy there - but we have our place already with MVC in Florida and will just trade to go back to Hawaii.  By the way, we used our Marriott Rewards Points to fly and stay  - all we had to pay for was our food!  Yes!  Oh, the food at the hotel was over the top expensive.  We rented a car and drove to other places to eat.  We only ate a couple of times at the hotel - just at the bar - and ordered food there.  We don't drink alcohol, but their virgin drinks were wonderful.  The breakfast buffet was very good - but very expensive, as were all the buffets!  We didn't try the other buffets, only the breakfast one, once.  It was much cheaper to pay $20 a day to park our car than it was to buy dinner at the hotel, or lunch or anything.  We went to the store and stashed food into the little refrigerator/bar thing in the room!  Saved us a bundle!!

• Re: Ko Olina, Hawaii
    foolfortravel Silver

Greetings,

I've just signed onto Insiders. I too own in Florida at the Grand Vista in Orlando. Maybe you can help me: I exchanged my 2007 week for 1/3/09 - 1/10/09 on Kaui, and I've exchanged my 2008 week for points because I want to use the points for a second week 1/10/09 - 1/17/09 on Maui. But when I tried to use the points for Maui, the response from the Marriott website is that there is nothing available on Maui. Although, If I try to rent $$ a room at a Marriott property on Maui, they have availability. Should I use my points for the airfare instead?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

josephbradley Silver

Ko'olina is just a fantastic property. We had our boat in the marina for almost a year. It was great, plus we had access to the property, even when parking was 'full'.

Attached is the marina on the way in and one shot sailing off the Leeward side of the island.

Joe

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

midnightrider Platinum
    I agree with you. This place is tops. Spend two weeks every year there with my points. Got an upgrade last year to the presidential suite when the we found pigeon poop on our lanai at check in. Try the Japaneese buffet for dinner - outstanding and a great value. Great cigar bar in Kapolai just 5  miles up the road.

skibill Platinum
    Trying to decide between using my pts for a 2 BR for 7 nights at either the Kolina Beach Club on Oahu or the Waiohai in Kauai.  We will have my 4 grown children from 21-29 and one grand daughter at age 2.  Which would you suggest?  We love the ocean, body surfing, boogey boarding and snorkeling.  Hiking and walking the beach would be great also.  Any suggestions.......I already know to have a kitchen for meal.

josephbradley Silver

We prefer Kaua'i to O'ahu. There is lots to do on either island. It just seems like Kaua'i is more friendly. It might depend on how often you have been to either island before.

Kaua'i has the Na'pali Coast, Barking Sands, Waimea valley, good snorkeling trips out of Port Allen (Hanapepe), Nawawiliwili Harbor, Kilauea Lighthouse, Hanalei Bay (Bali Hai), and taro ponds. And eat at Roy's Poipu bar and Grill.

Joe

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...