21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 11:30 AM by californian Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Many discussions on many topics

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I've learned that there are many discussions on many topics.  I think that is something they want to do to improve the site.  Hope this happens!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Any new updates on the BOGO offers?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

californian

there have always been many discussions on many topics.  Not sure if Marriott has done anything to help promote that.  nonetheless, glad you are enjoying the site.

Regarding BOGO'S, suffice to say, it has been a long time since the end of the old program and the start of the new one.  I suppose the frustration has been the ending of the program with out warning and the several suggestions that the new and improved model was right around the corner despite the "crickets" from corporate.  I suppose we all need to just show patience and wait it out.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Shoeman,

Through this site, I have "meet" some really nice, caring people who share my enjoyments and frustrations.  I have felt that most are there to help others and it has drawn me in.  Yes!  I am enjoying this site.

Maybe this is job security!  Marriott has things working adequately and then "improve" some so less are happy and then they do it again and even less are happy.  After all that they return one part to where it was and we are happy.  Still more to come.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

You're right in that many discussions on the same topic happen.  This thread is a good example.  It would take some pretty sophisticated software to figure out everywhere on the site that topics that are the same, and would therefore need to be brought together.  And then how would it make sense since all the threads are intertwined as responses to comments, and have others below that make comments to that comment.  I don't see how anything will ever be totally on track to just one subject, because they don't limit what we can talk about in any particular thread, and human nature is for us to just talk about what we feel like, whenever we like.  That is good from our freedom aspect, and bad from a manageability aspect.  I know we've had people trying to monitor and break threads off, but the bigger the comments database gets, and the more people that we get participating (that's a good thing!), the less that will be possible. The best we can probably hope for is a good ability to search for the topics we like, and that does seem to be getting better.

One thought:  when this happens in e-mailing back and forth, I change the subject.  That way the person receiving knows the topic. 

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

That's true for emails.  It is harder to apply to all these conversation threads, as some people are making comments at the relatively same time to multiple different parts, and different subjects and it's all intertwined.  I might change the title to BOGO, and someone else might change it right back to a discussion about Courtyards, and another might change it to a discussion of Australia.  When someone else signs on to be a part of the discussion, it would be a wild guess as to what title they might see when they look at it.  These discussions are all very dynamic in nature, but is both good and bad.  Anyway, lots of good information on this site, and he who figures out the best way to find it, gets rewarded the most

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Wonder if we can link them somehow?  There are a couple of discuss on London that keep crisscrossing.  Would be nice if we could link them.  Or if we could do like the book vendors do, people who bought this book also bought the following.  For us it would be, people who read this thread, also read these other threads.

So true!  Maybe, as suggested, we need better search options.

that would definately help!

Also, if they had more specific URLs I would just copy and past links into my posts as I came across ones that were relevant.  Right now its hard.  The URL I am on just says "communications" and does not include the title of the post, which I think they could do fairly easily by adding a parameter.

How about a spell checker while we are at it?

what, and take the mystery out of what we are saying cause we typed it wrong?

Or I would settle with being able to go back and edit what I typed.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

On the bottom of the post there is an edit button that allows you to change what you typed.

not all of them seem to have this.

Not certain why some do and some don't.

OK, now I see it.  I noticed that we can tag our comment too.  Maybe this is a way of linking to other threads!

will need to try the tag option.

When the edit button appears, we can go back and tag, so for all of the London discussions we could put London in as a tag field and then see what we can do with it.  What has me puzzled is sometimes I can edit and sometimes I can't. Any idea when we get the option, and when not?

We need to put the message out to tag.  I may not get all mine done soon since I am leaving for Scandinavia tomorrow.

From what I see, I can edit my comments but not others.

I have started tagging my London ones.  Also the tags look like only for destinations.  I tried to tag the IJET one with security, as it would be helpful to be able to pull out anything generally related to travel security.  Since we were discussing it in the context of South Africa on the London thread, I did tag it with both locations, but it does apply to all locations.

p.s. after I saved it, and look at in view mode, it has a red ball with a white X through it.  The key says this means 'delete'.  Not certain why or what will happen, so we might not want to tag everything, until we know how it will all work.

I am trying to see the edit button

Either would work!

Well!  Here is an example of taking a section of a thread and branching it out!  I know that many are so complicated that it would be much harder.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...