0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 8:24 AM by ksmallidge RSS

Updating the Awards Program

ksmallidge Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I’m a Marriott Rewards member and generally have been very pleased with most of the Marriott facilities and policies…

Here’s is my dilemma…

It is almost impossible to find your management team via e-mail to suggest improvement…

Some aspects of the Awards Program are becoming an aggravation instead of the incentive they were designed to be…

Here is a specific example:

I have Spring Megabonus awards for a one night stay in a category 1-4 Hotel…

I do a search for a facility in the Greater Portland, Maine for a date in July…

I first check for general availability and find several hotels…

Then, I must call the 800 line to try and use my award, because there is no award number or promo number to include in the search…no method for searching and applying…

We find several of these facilities have jumped up in category (above 4)…

Just a few months ago they were 3’s and 4’s…now they are 5 or 6…

All of the 3 or 4 category hotels with general availability have blocked out use of this award…

In appealing for consideration to use the award at an available category 5 hotel (in lieu of the block outs)…the response was to use my points…

The suggestions for improvement:

1. Get some names of management out on your website with email addresses…to make people feel like they are getting to someone to correspond with, other than the clerical staff…

2. If Marriott has adopted a policy to allow hotels formerly in category 3 or 4 to increase their category status because of seasonal popularity or special events and now they are 5 or higher, then raise the Awards to include higher categories 1 – 5 or 6 to keep up…

3.  Simplify the on line option to apply these awards…it is not clear at all…how to do this…you’re tying up reservations people with unnecessary work…

4.  Discourage your hotels from blocking out use of these awards…

This is your company philosophy: (time to pay attention to this)

“We believe our
strength is rooted in our core values: putting people first, pursuing
excellence, embracing change, acting with integrity and serving our world. These
values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott
the #1 hospitality company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding
principles and our proud heritage. Our business is always evolving…but we’ll
always stay true to who we are.”

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...