10 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2016 1:31 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Enjoyed a stay last week at this property. Received a room with a beautiful view of the Bay. Pictures are attached so you can be the judge as to the view. We thought it was spectacular!

This hotel was re-furbished about a year ago and I must say the re-do was done exceptionally well. Last time we stayed at this property it was, shall I say, 'tired'. The new property is modern and the bar/restaurant area has been significantly updated and upgraded. Last time here the restaurant was a disaster. Very good service this trip. Overall, the service was superb, the staff was very friendly and significantly better than our last stay. The hotel has 31 floors and was very busy but the wait at any time for an elevator was little to none. A nice improvement. The Concierge Lounge was well stocked, not busy and staff was very attentive and friendly! My suggestion would be for Marriott to match drink prices in the Lounge with prices at the bar (especially during the Happy Hour timeframe) so we can enjoy a glass of wine at HH pricing ($5) instead of being gouged for $12 a glass. We went to Happy Hour!

I would definitely suggest giving this property consideration if you stay in Miami.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Miami, Florida,
Miami, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
  • Re: Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay

Hopefully these pictures are a little better than the jpg files downloaded in the previous post. I guess I have to figure out this picture stuff!!

DSCN0315.JPGDSCN0314.JPGDSCN0313.JPGDSCN0317.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Hi TEF,  I would agree that you all had a beautiful view.  With a view like that, it would be hard to leave the room.  I'm going to put this hotel on my "must stay" list.  Your suggestion for the CL to match the Happy Hour prices makes sense.

razor:

As another kudo to the service we got, it was actually the Concierge staff that pointed out to us that the bar had Happy Hour from 4 to 7 with special pricing.

The room we had was on the 23rd floor and the Concierge Lounge was directly above us on the 26th, so the view you see from our room is exactly the same from the CL.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Same basic view as tef6178, but here's an experiment with my camera's panoramic view feature....  Nice hotel, nice people, killer view (this photo from the 28th floor)...

P1020026.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
      Miami, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
        pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Terrific photo.  Glad for you and your happy heart.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

This is my favorite hotel in Miami!

Love the views!

Whenever cruising out of Miami, we always stay here.

The minute I get in the room, and open the sliders to the balcony, with a view of the bay, and the smell of the salt air, I really feel like I am on vacation!

When the view is accompanied by the renovation and the upgrade in service this hotel is really superb! I will always stay at this property when in Miami.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

haven't been since the rnovation!

Always thought the service was superb!

We used it in the discount travel business alot for fams.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Beautiful, tef.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Has anyone stayed at this hotel (Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay) in 2015-16?  Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.