14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2012 11:13 AM by lone6star RSS

Profile Preferences

mcote Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

In addition to the room type, pillow type, newspaper, etc., preferences, would it be possible to add "coffee preference", i.e., regular coffee vs. decaf? It's really frustrating to find such inconsistency between properties on type of coffee left. Sometimes we find two regular coffees, other times only one, with a decaf and tea. With an added item in our preference profile, always finding our favorite morning java would only intensify our love of Marriott! And there's nothing like a positive start to one's day! It's really the little things that matter when you have to be away from home so often!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Profile Preferences
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I agree with what we would like but would also like to see what we don't want in a room.  Marriott should have a write in section where we can state these.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

i would agree with that, as i don't drink coffee.  So to provide me with a coffee maker, is a waste of space.

How about not being next to the elevator, especially one that dings when it passes?

That's part of my profile---also away from the Exit doors!

I just looked at mine.  I don't have it and I can't find a place to add it.  Help!

It will take me time to find it how to modify it, as it's been a long time since I updated it.  But I will tell you, that next time you check in at a Marriott, they can update it for you.

That is good to know.  I will try PCS.  They should be ab le to help me now that I know I can have things like this in my profile.

Ok, after you logon, go to "proffile" on the top right, then click on "edit preferences", and then it should be there.

I went there.

Profile.

Reservation preferences.

When I get there, I can only check boxes.  I can't find a place to type them in.

Is thes another place where we see different things?

Yes, it seems to have changed.  Years back you could free-form your preferences.  No it's choices.  So I guess, when you check into your nesxt Marriott have them add what you want in.  As I kno wmine still states about the exit dorrs.

g0eagles Platinum 1 Reviews

So why have a selection for "Near Elevator"  if I can't have one that says "AWAY from Elevator"  I am sure there are reasons people want to be close to one, for me I want to be far away from it...

Don't know, but what happens if you don't check it?

From what I can tell, if a person has special needs, they can request them.  Near ellllllevator might mean that a person can't walk far but away from them is just a prefrence.  They don't let us just give prefrences.

That would make sense!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...