4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2012 1:23 PM by tef6178 RSS

Fairfield Inn and Suites Lake Buena Vista (Orlando area)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We spent 3 nights at this category 4 hotel located near the Walt Disney World parks.  It is an official Walt Disney World Good Neighbor hotel.  We stopped by early the morning of our check-in just to leave our luggage; however, we were able to check-in and were upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite.  The room smelled a little funny so we turned the AC up higher and left for a day at Animal Kingdom.  When we returned, the room still smelled funny so we asked to be moved and were moved with no problem.  The new room smelled just fine.  The  suite bedroom in this property is actually separated from the hallway by the living room and bathroom so the noise is minimal.  I had expected noise from children on Disney overload, but this was never the case.  According to the website, there is a complimentary scheduled shuttle to the Disney parks. 

The hotel has a gameroom with XBox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles.  There is also a library full of children's books.  The pool area was usually filled with swimmers.

We tried to eat breakfast early before the breakfast room filled up.  It was still pretty busy early, but the attendants did a good job of keeping all the food replenished.  On our last morning, the manager was helping out by cleaning the tables as guests left.  I stopped him for a minute to tell him we had had a nice stay and what good reports are on Trip Advisor.  He writes a comment to most of those reviews. 

There are lots of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (and many more within a short drive).  We enjoyed early casual dinners at Moe's Southwest Grill and Fuddrucker's.  Our last evening we chose to order pizza for take-out from the restaurant in the shopping center in front of the hotel.  We ordered the pizza and chose to wait for it.  At one point, the hostess told us it would be about 15 minutes.  We waited and waited, but they never called our name.  When we went to check why it was taking so long, it had just been sitting there.  It was average pizza and we had to reheat it in the microwave in the room.  We wouldn't get pizza there again.

We recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA
  • Re: Fairfield Inn and Suites Lake Buena Vista (Orlando area)
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Nice review for this property. We actually went to this same property last month and I definitely agree with what you mentioned with the service there. Staff was very friendly and our room was already upgraded (as a Platinum member) prior to our arrival.

One of the first things I noticed was the game room which was right near the frontdesk. Didn't visit that area but looks like a good place to keep the kids busy. The pool was definitely out of limit even in early May. The temperature was almost perfect for swimming but it was usually filled with people. I wasn't aware that there was a free shuttle to Disney. Tried looking at their website also prior to booking and couldn't find it. I know another FFI that was closer that had free shuttle service but it's very close already (I think about a mile).

Unless you get up early in the morning, finding a table to eat breakfast is a nightmare. We usually sleep late and wake up around 8AM and find the place packed.

Definitely a lot of choices to choose from in terms of where to eat around there. We ate at Chili's, IHOP, Olive Garden and Chevy's Fresh Mex. There was a Sizzler right near the hotel in the shopping center but didn't get a chance to try it.

This hotel also gets my vote when I'm in the area.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

razor:

Is this the FFI on South Apopka Vineland or the one on Vineland in the Marriott Village?

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

This is the hotel on South Apopka Vineland.  We stayed at the FFI in the Marriott Village 7 years ago and our stay was fine.  They were remodeling the hotel at that time.  I do remember that it had a much larger breakfast area.  We chose the one on South Apopka Vineland for its' great rate and reviews.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

The FFI in the village has an 'Elite' seating area marked off with signage and sectional dividers with a personal attendant now. It's pretty neat. Takes care of juice, coffee and more while you are there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...