3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2012 9:50 PM by klaus29 RSS

Marriotts in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Advice Needed!

absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Guys,

I am taking a vacation to Malaysia next month with my girlfriend and part of our stay involves a 4 night stay in KL.  Can anybody give me advice on which room would be the best for our stay to make it as memorable as possible:

1. Renaissance East Wing (it says Twin Tower view)

2. Renaissance West Wing

3. J W Marriott

I guess things to consider are; location, quality of hotel/room, view, leisure facilities.

Thanks,

AL

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia JW Marriott JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
  • Re: Marriotts in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Advice Needed!
    john14727 Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi Al,

I stayed at the KL Renaissance back in February. We were in the west tower, which is convenient to the Club Lounge. If you are a Plat member, you can choose between the breakfast in the Club lounge or down in the restaurant. We preferred the restaurant. If you are going to the fitness center each day, it's in the East Wing. was a bit of a hike from the West but it was additional exercise I guess .  As far as which Wing is better, I would say there isn't much difference, pool in accessible from both wings.

The Renaissance is right by the monorail. That was convenient. It is not very close to the train that comes directly from KL airport, but you can take the monorail from that train station. Not sure where the JW is in relation to the R.

Enjoy your visit!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

My trip to Kuala Lumpur was before Marriott had a property there, so I can not advise you on the properties.

I can only say that I loved my stay in Kuala Lumpur.

If you get a chance to travel outside the city, I would also recommend that you take advantage of it, as its a wonderful country to travel in. Food is wonderful, people are nice and there is much to see.  Malacca is not far, and you can see the remements of the Portugese rule in the architecture, and names. Of all the countries that colonized Malaysia, only the Portugese really integrated with the local Malaysian society.

Another interesting place to go is KuKup, which is south of Malacca. They are famous for their Chili Crabs.  If you like Crabs, there is nothing better than sitting at one of the ocean side restaurants eatting crabs.

Other interesting places that are further afield, but well worth the time are

• Penang which is an island off the northern west coast.  It is a beautiful resort island, and is called the Pearl of Asia.  Its a great palce to see the melding of multiple cultures that Malaysia is famous for as the native malays are actually a minority in their own country.  You will also see many Indians [Tamal] and Chinese, and in the north the Thais as well.
    • Kota  Bharu, which is on the northern east coast, almost directly opposite of penang, and is a cultural center.  You can see all the handicrafts being made, and also buy them for much less than in Kuala Lumpur.
    • Jahore Bharu, which is across the straights from Singapore, and a wonderful shopping city. Try the night market for shopping and food.  I also use the hotels here when I am visiting Singapore as its easy to commute back and forth, and cheaper to stay in Malaysia then Singapore.

Selemet Jalan!

klaus29 Silver

for  me i prevere  the  renaissance  hotel  kuala  lumpur , is better  at  the  marriott.   every  years i get  a  upgrate  there..special  ckeck  in in the 29 floor for  platium  members..

you dont have  to wait on the  front  dessk..  and  the excecutive lounge is  exstraordinaire. a very good servive  with  6  waiters..  western ,and asian food   with  red  and white wine

french cheese, and  then,  later desset.     this  hotel  have  many restauranst,  for  me   the  best  is  the  TEMPLETON,  for  a  very small price,  you  can  eat  all what you want,  for  start

you    have   king prawns,  or  japanese  food, and  many ather  starter, and  then you have a choice from 25 different  plates,  and    the  dessert.  all for a  fixed  price. i never see

this  no where  in all the  world; ....with a.... all you can eat ...... system, you pay the same price.

and about  the  room  book  the   west  wing , the  rooms are more  big. ; and  you have a  very nice  and big swimming pool  with view  of the city; with a very nice garden  and many flowers.

i can only recomanded   this hotel.

Message was edited by: klaus29

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...