4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2012 11:31 PM by lone6star RSS

Rewards points for stays before joining?

g_reynolds Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to receive points/nights retrospectively for stays before I joined Marriott Rewards?

I currently have 30 nights from the past couple for months, but want to also have 9 nights from last year credited.  Just phoned the hotel and they told me it's not possible???  Other hotels have credited nights when I have joined AFTER staying at the hotel so I would also expect the Marriott to be the same

Any thoughts / suggestions please!

Thanks,

Gavin

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards points for stays before joining?
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

I don't think that will be possible. Marriott award points/nights based on your Marriott Rewards membership number which you didn't have prior to joining. It would be similar to any other membership. If you didn't join yet, whatever occurred in the past usually won't be applied until you get membership.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

You can try calling up to have it added.  I did this for Amex membership rewards, and they gave me credit for the previous 2 years of charges, as they saw how frequent (and how much business I was giving them), i was travelling and racking up charges.  I even offerred to pay them for past years' membership fees, but they refused!

Call up, you never know!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi g_reynolds:

Yes you can receive credit for nights you stayed at a Marriott property before you joined Marriott Rewards. However, only stays made thirty days prior to enrollment will be honored nd you have sixty days to apply or the credit. The terms are here:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

Scroll down to 'EARN POINTS' Item #4 for details.

Hope this helps!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...