7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2012 12:07 PM by californian RSS

Missing stay requests issues

travelboy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone having issue with getting a response for a missing stay request? I'm following the procedure to fax a copy of my bill along with the request form. After 3 weeks and two times faxing the information again still no response or credit for the stay. Do I need to continue to be a pest about this until i receive credit. Anyone have a suggestion?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missing stay requests issues
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

travelboy

I just had a similar experience.  I ended up calling customer care and flexed my muscles a bit.  explained my frustration with the slowness of the process (or at least the lag I was experiencing between sending the form and action).  Interestingly, an issue that "needed to go through the process"  was resolved and points/nights put onto my account in minutes......

I think our (my) impatience sometimes gets the best of me, but it just seems this should be an easy fix....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

travelboy Platinum

Thank you for the quick response. I guess I'll start to call too.  You would think Marriott would at least acknowledge the request.

bigmrm Platinum

I haven't had a delay of more than a couple of days when I faxed things in, though I have a few comments about the process.

First off -- FAX? Huh? Fax has gone the way of the dinosaur. Why can't I e-mail the request?

And why do I have to supply a copy of the folio? Heck, Marriott e-mails the bill to me after a stay, it's not like they don't have the info already.

And, speaking of which... since I receive the e-mail the stay is clearly in their system. So why aren't the points getting credited?

And finally, while I haven't experienced serious delays I can believe they exist. In the past year seems I've had more stays where points where either not credited or were credited incorrectly than I have had in all my previous years combined. Something is definitely not going smoothly lately.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I agree on e-mail.  Just forward your efolio.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I know we have a fax machine here in the office, but I am not even certain where as its only required for some legal documents.

Email is the best way to go, and if you reuse the emails you have a nice audit log of what has occurred.

travelsmuch99 Platinum

Ditto on the FAX ---> ridiculous.

Have one stay where the welcome 500 gift/points have not been posted; however, the room points + 50% (PP) are credited.  For this scenario I am going ot call Customer Service, just SMH over the faxing for missing stay.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

That has happened to me numerous times and a simple call has gotten the 500 platinum gift without anything else.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...