3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 5:48 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Fireworks at the JW DC??

traveler2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at the JW in DC to see the fireworks. I am trying to determine if they can be seen from the Pennsylvania street view rooms. I have called 3 times and gotten 3 different stories. Not sure how high you need to be to see them. Any thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington, D.C., USA
  • Re: Fireworks at the JW DC??
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

traveler2,

If you get a room on the CL, on the same side of the hotel as the CL, you will see everything.  It is one of the best views in the US.  You will see the Capital to your left and can pan to your right and see The Smithsonian, Washington Monument, WWII Monument, Lincoln Memorial, and Arlington National Cem. from your room!

I would request this from the hotel directly!  Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

traveler2 Platinum

I have called the hotel 3 times and have gotten 3 different answers. Just got off the phone with them and sounds like the concierge level is already booked but we are going to pay to upgrade to the Pennsylvania view side and she said she will block a high floor for us. Fingers crossed!!

She seemed to think that no matter where you are on the Pennsylvania St. side you will see the fireworks!  Hmmm...thoughts on this?? How high do you think you need to be to see?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

traveler2,

I would settle for this!

Obviously, get a high floor as possible, and ask for CL admission, even if you are not on that floor, (If you qualify).  Having done this in the past, remember, the best way to see the fireworks is actually attend the show on the grounds.  You will never forget it!

You have one advantage, you can walk back to a lovely room at anytime!  If the weather is bad you can just relax in your room

This is a very special hotel!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...